New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Using "Notes" and IMAP gmail account

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rwbmke

rwbmke is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I'm a very new mac user and kind of a computer novice in general. I must say I LOVE my new MacBook!!! Best computer I've ever owned by far!

My issue is that I'm using the Mail program included with my Mac and I'm trying to use the "Notes" with my gmail account which I have set-up as an IMAP account. When I create a new note and then close it, it sends and outgoing message and then I receive a new message back which is the exact same note that I just created, so then I've got two. The same process happens if I edit again (and close the note) so then I'll have yet another copy of the note. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help on this!
QUOTE Thanks
tacsniper

tacsniper is an unknown at this point

press the button "Done" instead of "Send" see if it will do the trick

24" iMac + 13" MacBook Pro + 16GB White iPhone 3G = iMBroke!
QUOTE Thanks
rwbmke

rwbmke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacsniper View Post
press the button "Done" instead of "Send" see if it will do the trick
Thanks for the idea... I actually thought the "Done" button would close out the note for good, so I was just closing it by clicking on the "x" button. Unfortunately clicking on "Done" does the same thing. It keeps sending out copies of my note and then bringing them back in and putting them in the "All Mail" folder. I've got tons of copies of it there now. And on top of that, my "Notes" folder is gone from the left panel.

Is anyone out there using notes with gmail IMAP????

Maybe it's time to accept the fact that notes are not going to work properly with a gmail IMAP account. Does anyone know of a program that works in a similar way that I can download? Maybe something that keeps notes on my desktop?? I like the option to email the note right from the note itself.

Thanks in advance for any help!
QUOTE Thanks
alaceo

alaceo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM

I believe there's a spot in your preferences where you can choose to keep them (or at least some other messages) on either the server, local, or both. I can't remember at the moment - I may be wrong - but I'd recommend checking Mail's preferences.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thoughts from an old Dude! | Is display warrenty transferable? »