mac_noobie
    Trouble Installing
    Hi, I just was trying to install Starcraft on my powerbook, but I am running into some problems. First off the CD does not start up automatically. Second, when I double click the CD icon and find the Starcraft Installer file I double click it, soon after that it starts the classic inviorment and I get this message: "Could not open the installer archive. You must run the installer on the Starcraft CD." Does anyone know what this means? I am running Mac OS X panther on one of their new powerbooks.

Thanks

vuschejan
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_noobie
    Hi, I just was trying to install Starcraft on my powerbook, but I am running into some problems. First off the CD does not start up automatically. Second, when I double click the CD icon and find the Starcraft Installer file I double click it, soon after that it starts the classic inviorment and I get this message: "Could not open the installer archive. You must run the installer on the Starcraft CD." Does anyone know what this means? I am running Mac OS X panther on one of their new powerbooks.

Thanks
    I had the same problem you need to get a patch from the blizzard website, i think starcraft is an os classic app though. However, I did get asked if i wanted to update it to an osx app.
    Site-http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msc0411p

Thread Information