Thread: mail problem

Specs:
    iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
    mail problem
    How do I get mail to recognize a mail account I have with yahoo.com, or gmail.com? Thanks for any help. I'm brand new to Mac. Van

Specs:
    PowerBook G4 - 768 SDRAM - 667 MHz - 15" - Keeping it REAL..... real old that is...
    Check this out...

http://irumors.wordpress.com/2006/10...mac-os-x-mail/

Should get you going.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

Specs:
    iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
    I tried that, still no luck,any other ideas? how about yahoo.com,that doesn't work either. Van

Specs:
    white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
    I didn't read the whole process on the irumors site (link above), but it looked good to me. I'm guessing the problem is on the gmail side; you probably didn't enable POP mail (even if you think you did). It took me two tries to get POP activated at gmail. It seems there was something weird about applying the activation. Try the process again. I followed the help article on gmail.
    I haven't successfully set up Yahoo mail with any client, not even my friend's account in his PC's Outlook Express. Good luck with that.

I just successfully set up my Gmail account using these instructions. The steps are a bit all over the place but I notice it asks you to enter googlemail instead of gmail ... don't know the significance of it all but for my email address I used gmail.com and for the server info I used googlemail ....

Notice at the bottom of the links page it says this:

* Did you click 'Save Changes' after enabling POP in Google Mail? To ensure that Google Mail can communicate with your mail client, be sure to click 'Save Changes' on the Google Mail 'Mail Settings' page.

The reason it failed for me the 1st time around is I didn't save the changes so check this before creating the new POP Gmail account in Mail.app

Specs:
    white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn__Dooley View Post
    * Did you click 'Save Changes' after enabling POP in Google Mail? To ensure that Google Mail can communicate with your mail client, be sure to click 'Save Changes' on the Google Mail 'Mail Settings' page.
    Yep, that's what I'm talking about in my previous post: I missed clicking that button on my first time through.

Specs:
    2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
    Here is the instructions for Gmail.com http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...75&topic=12567

And as for Yahoo.com i don`t know because i do not use it , sorry

Thread Information