wahdiatme
    My iPod's got a problem.. yes or no?
    Ok, so I've had my iPod since the end of may and loved every minute of it. Lately, well ever since I've had it, it seems, that if I leave for a period of about 2 or 3 days without it coming on it restarts and does the apple thing and reboots every time. Also, I dont think i'm getting the right battery power out of it. Another thing.. I just downloaded the july iPod update a few days ago (yeah im late) and tried to put it on my iPod and i noticed i had to restore my iPod to facotory settings and delete all the songs.. Ok i did it and then the little update button would never become active and all it would let me do is restore. The version i have on it right now is 2.2 is that the version i need? any help with this would be good, and tell me if the reboot thing on it is normal...

thanks

Cloudane
    Mine reboots after it's been switched off for a while, so presumably it normally 'sleeps' but properly 'turns off' after a set time.

Specs:
    15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
    well i think its my hard drive because it enjoys clicking.

spxyu02
    Quote Originally Posted by wahdiatme
    blah blah blah (distracted by your avatar)
    Who's that in your avatar?

Cloudane
    So sexy....

aluminium....

wahdiatme
    i'd like to say its my girlfriend, but its just an ebay pic someone used to sell their PB once..

spxyu02
    i'd like to say its my girlfriend, but its just an ebay pic someone used to sell their PB once..
    There needs to be a collection of pictures like this, y'know, for a powerbook calendar. I'd take 2.

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    Ok, so I've had my iPod since the end of may and loved every minute of it. Lately, well ever since I've had it, it seems, that if I leave for a period of about 2 or 3 days without it coming on it restarts and does the apple thing and reboots every time. Also, I dont think i'm getting the right battery power out of it. Another thing.. I just downloaded the july iPod update a few days ago (yeah im late) and tried to put it on my iPod and i noticed i had to restore my iPod to facotory settings and delete all the songs.. Ok i did it and then the little update button would never become active and all it would let me do is restore. The version i have on it right now is 2.2 is that the version i need? any help with this would be good, and tell me if the reboot thing on it is normal...

thanks
    What am i looking at here *stares at avatar*

Yeah, it's normal for the iPod to start from the Apple screen every once in a while, specially if it's not been used for a while. It has energy saver.

If you want to restart due to a error or something you can press and hold the Select and Menu buttons for at least 6 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

pedXing
    Thats an aesome avatar...

Thread Information