New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Now THAT'S what i call a DISPLAY!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
X-Top*Multi-Display - Available and Expandable from: 2-32 screens
Expands from 2 to 32 screens in multiple rows with over 1,000 possible customizeable configurations. Per screen adjustments include: height, tilt, pivot, rotation and presentation mode. Professional cable management.
And uses only one DVI port....

Ten Screen Multi-monitor: Slimline Ultra Multi-LCD Series (Digital / Analog / S-video / RCA inputs)
Screen specifications: 10 x 23.1" Digital
Hub Style: Modular Expandable
Maximum screens supported: 1600 x 1200 each
System Price: US$48,299
Spare Screen: US$4,199

Who need's a desk? Dam! We need a wall big enough!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 over 5.jpg (89.0 KB, 125 views)
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

That is an UBER display!
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

Anybody want to buy it for me? You can send it to my dorm room - Heitz hall on Bradley University's campus.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus
Anybody want to buy it for me? You can send it to my dorm room - Heitz hall on Bradley University's campus.
Right... I know where to go for a powerbook swap... mine's a little sluggish. You won't notice me, i'll be the one with the keg of beer next time there's a party in the halls... :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Hype.it *yeah* ook HA *repair permissions*
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

That's nothing...
http://sgi.com/realitycenter/
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
That's nothing... *points at hype.it's first post*
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
That not exactly a cluster of TFT's now, is it?
I think it looks more like a projector or something.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I think it's a bunch of rear-projection monitors. Just as large, but you can't cast a shadow when you walk in front of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
That's nothing... *points at hype.it's first post*
It's a friggin' wall.

Quote:
Their screens are flat, curved, or cylindrical, and their sizes vary greatly. They can start at around 9 feet wide x 7 feet high (approximately 3 m x 2.3 m) and can run as large as a multistory screen or planetarium dome 90 feet in diameter.
They'll build a room-sized display for you, if you can afford it.
Quote:
Reality Center room facilities are enclosed, immersive virtual environments and can be just about any size in a square or rectangular cube of typically 8 to 10 feet (2.4 to 3 meters) per side. Reality Center room facilities can have anywhere from three to six sides. In a six-sided environment, the user's entire field of view contains graphics data.
A bunch of LCD's is nice, but a room still tops it.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

forget the room... how about the whole building that adjacent to my front window? me and the neighbours could broadcast japanese p0rn on it all night. that'll be swell..
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I don't want my wall to be a display. I want 10 displays in one.

Therefore it's nothing.
QUOTE Thanks
pedXing

DUDE!!!! THAT R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ!!!LOL!!!! we should all pool in some money ... and buy it for ME!!!! LOLOL j/k! ...anyway i would love to have the basically as a side wall in my room ...hahahehe....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My iPod's got a problem.. yes or no? | macjanitor, onyx, or...? »