Thread: Time Machine questions
11-04-2007, 06:40 PM #1Time Machine questions
Hi guys, my name is ... and I'm a switcher
I have a couple of questions regarding Time Machine:
1. Is the backup such that if you needed to you could boot from the external Time Machine drive?
2. If you had to format and re-install the system drive to recover from a major failure, when you re-introduce the Time Machine drive would it recognize the different build and offer to restore your files, or would it play dumb and begin to overwrite the data with that from the newly installed system drive.
3. or is Time Machine designed to be supplementary to your existing backup measures?
I have used Carbon Clone Copier and love the simplicity, but I'm intrigued as to whether Time Machine will have the same all round backup features to complement it's automated data security.
Feed back / experience warmly welcome...
11-04-2007, 06:43 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 13, 2007
- Central New York
- 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
2. You can restore from a Time Machine backup.
3. yes and no, depends on what kind of backup you want.Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/
Currently running OS X 10.10
11-04-2007, 07:05 PM #3
- Member Since
- Oct 27, 2002
- Cleveland, Ohio
- MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Bill Gates Jr. in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 8Last Post: 07-19-2015, 01:34 AM
By Bill Gates Jr. in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 33Last Post: 01-24-2015, 06:04 PM
By magnitude in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 11-09-2012, 07:26 AM
By kaybee in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
By sniffie in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2008, 08:09 AM