08-07-2004, 02:30 PM #1mac_noobieGuestI am really interested but not sure...
Hello, I have been looking at macs for quite awhile now, however the question is burning inside of me... I have the money but I don't know if I should spend it yet. I am looking at a 12" powerbook, I want to buy it now, but I also dont want them to upgrade them right after I buy them. I am writing from the slowest oldest PC you'd ever known and I need a new notebook before school starts again. However I don't want to miss this "cram and Jam" deal with the ipod either. So if anyone knows anything, please fill me in.
08-07-2004, 03:08 PM #2
- Member Since
- Mar 27, 2004
- Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Apple have recently upgraded them... and if you wait a little while, doesn't matter when, you'll discover they will always be upgraded... on average every six months. So if you're waiting for them to stop upgrading, then you'll be waiting for a long, long, long time... If I was you, you should ask yourself this "Do I really need it, when school starts? Or can I wait."
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM #3
- Member Since
- Mar 30, 2004
- 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
There's a buyer's guide at
Which tracks how recently each Apple product has been updated. The PowerBooks are "neutral" which means they haven't been updated too recently, but aren't likely to be updated anytime soon, either.
08-07-2004, 09:20 PM #4mac_noobieGuest
Ok, thank you, I think I am going to buy now then, I just wanted to know if there was anything within the next month or so.... Thanks
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)