Error Burning DVD's--Please Help Newbie.
    Hi there,

I am having some difficulties burning DVDís and would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. Before I begin explaining the problem, please let me note that the DVDís that I am trying to burn are backups of DVDís I have already purchased. They are for my personal use as backups. I am relatively inexperienced, and because I do not know what information you need, I will try to be as specific as possible:

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch. Here is my burner information:

MAT****A DVD-R UJ-857E:

Firmware Revision: ZA0E
    Interconnect: ATAPI
    Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
    Cache: 2048 KB
    Reads DVD: Yes
    CD-Write: -R, -RW
    DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
    Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
    Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
    Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
    Media: No

I use MacTheRipper and then Popcorn 2 to burn the DVDís. I have Memorex DVD+R Dual Layers. The package says 2.4 to 8x, 240 min, 8.5 GB.

When I try to burn the disc I always get an error on the lead-out. I cannot remember the exact error message, but can remember that it said it was a hardware error.

Last night, I tried DVD2oneX 2.3, and received error messages both times I tried burning:

ďERROR: 1:MESSAGE:Burn failed
    MESSAGE:The device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry.

The first time, I tried using DVD2oneX I had it on regular speed, and the second time, I first restarted the computer and tried the Command key, Option, R, and L trick and it worked as stated, but did not fix my problem. I also attempted to switch the write speed from Max to 6X.

If anyone has any ideas and can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried doing research, but have come up empty handed with an actual solution. Also, if you think I need an external hard drive and you have one to recommend, please let me know. I donít know if this is a defect with my burner, but I would really like to get it straightened out.

Thanks Again,

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    I would try another brand of DVDs. I use either TDKs or Verbatim DVD-Rs. I have some Verbatim DVD+R DL, just have not tried them as of yet. Also I maybe wrong here, but I don't think a burned DVD+R DL will play on a desk DVD player. Hopefully someelse will come along with more information here.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by cubs125 View Post
    ...I am trying to burn are backups of DVDís I have already purchased. They are for my personal use as backups.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information