New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Deleting Applications (Appzapper and the like)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

naftalim

naftalim is on a distinguished road

I am currently using Appzapper to delete applications that I have downloaded and tried. It is ok, but does not delete everything that comes with an app. Are there other tools that would be recommended?
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Try a search of the forums. Lots of suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

What is it that is being left behind?

I use CleanApp.... there is also App Delete, and many others... really though any files that might be left behind aren't going to cause any problems.
QUOTE Thanks
thedood

thedood has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.

None of them totally clean out files (especially those from app's in system preferences pane). I settled on AppZapper. While AppZapper will usually trash most files (if not all), "spotlight" will find the file or two that remain. Just take a minute to drag those few files to the trash, and be done with it.

NABET - CWA <the union label.
QUOTE Thanks
naftalim

naftalim is on a distinguished road

Yes, thanks, thats what I've been doing. Its actually a good way for me to learn about the Mac, to have to delve through differnet folders and directories,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacameraman View Post
None of them totally clean out files (especially those from app's in system preferences pane). I settled on AppZapper. While AppZapper will usually trash most files (if not all), "spotlight" will find the file or two that remain. Just take a minute to drag those few files to the trash, and be done with it.
QUOTE Thanks
kfordham281

kfordham281 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

I use a combination of dragging to the trash and a quick spotlight search. Seems to work :-)

Apple Mac HQ - Apple/Mac News, Reviews, and More
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows for this...Mac for that? | What Complications would i have if i used an american mac in the UK »