New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

question about neo and pages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

Hello everyone

I bought iwork 08 today after seeing that many here liked the trial and recommended the software. The program is great and truely simple to use.
Before I installed iwork 08 I deleted the trial version of i work 06 that came with my compter.
The program that I was using for documents and presentations is neo office. So now that i have i work 08 I wanted to save all the documents and presentations that i have into pages and keynote. The issue here is every document thats saved into neo office format when I go to open it it doesnt give me the option to open the file using pages or keynote or numbers , so what i have been doing is opening the document using neo office then saving it as text( it doesnt give me the option to save as a pages document from neo office) then open the text file with pages then save it as a pages document. Well this isnt only taking alot of time, i also loose any pictures or graphs since text doesnt recognize them.

Sorry for the long post
is there anyway I could make these documents open with pages or numbers or keynote so that I can save them directly from neo office to pages.......?

thank you in advance
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

in neooffice save the documents as .doc files and then open them in pages....
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

I can't stang pages, or word!

NeoOffice all the way!

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
TamiRene

TamiRene is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool

I agree with shahvikram123, save the documents as doc files and open them in Pages. I love Pages. It is very easy to use and has a lot of features.

To open documents using Pages, I go into the Finder, ctrl click on the document and choose to open with Pages. You will have to save the document as a Pages file when you are finished with it. Ultimately you will have two copies of the document-a Pages file and a doc file.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

yeah, but you can't save as .doc in page and then open in MSWord at all

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye View Post
yeah, but you can't save as .doc in page and then open in MSWord at all
Sure you can. Try the Export option. It will export to several other different formats, including Word.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

thanks alot guys that exactly what i ended up doing is opening all the documents and saving then as .doc and they open them with pages and save again. Man did it ever take a while. once i was done I deleted NeoOffice.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

one more question guys,
I know that i can export pages or numbers or keynote into word,excel,powerpoint format for anyone who has microsoft office to open the file and view.
My question is my friend e-mailed me an excel file and when i open it with numbers its all messed up............any suggestions?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactime View Post
anyone?
Try it in NeoOffice instead. Remember, Numbers is a version 1.0 product - there are bound to be some compatibility issues with any program with so short an incubation period.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

I understand its a new program and there is going to be some glitches, actually i was on apple a second ago and downloaded updates for pages, keynote and numbers.
I removed neoOffice already from my computer(I want this bad boy to be all apple).
Its only a few power point presentations that i had that got messed up, its ok they werent that important.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« boot leopard from ssd! | How do you install aMSN? »