New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Can anyone help me....?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joeytpg

Guys, i'm having trouble viewing a few videos from internet........

for example if you go here:

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=3206

click the "click here for video" link..........you'll get a windows, in which you can choose to view the video using Windows Media Player, or Real Player....... in my case, i prefer Win. Media Player.......but when i click so view it, i get a Safari windows with this message:

"Some content on this page requires an Internet plug-in that Safari doesn’t support. The application “Windows Media Player” may be able to display this content."

i have Windows Media Player 9 for MAC, and i've watched other videos using my win Media player for mac before, but this time i'm having trouble..........what do you think it's wrong?

i know it's a little bit uncomfortable, to help me, because you have to enter the website i gave you, and click the link to see the video, jsut to see what i'm talking about............but PLEASE if someone out there can really really help me with this i'd apretiate it SO MUCH!....since i watch a lot of videos like this.....and i didn't use to have problems viewing them on my PC.........

so maybe i need a plug in but i dont know which one.....

so can anyone give me a hand PLEASE!
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

(Little pet peve of mine: Don't say MAC, because it's not right, say 'Mac', because it is. )

Right, going on subject. I tried using IE to view it, no help. I get a different error message, in an OS 9 type box, saying it cannot find the file.

Maybe if you download it and try VLC?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

You need to remap how Safari deals with that file type. Another way is by just downloading it to your hard drive and then opening it in whatever program you feel like
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

couple questions...

1) what's VLC?

2) How can i remap ?

i tried downloading it and NOTHING!

someone else?
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg
couple questions...

1) what's VLC?

2) How can i remap ?

i tried downloading it and NOTHING!

someone else?
http://www.google.com
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I see you don't like Real (and after using the Windows version of their player, I can understand why) but I do have RealOnePlayer for OS X, and that link works fine for me(Safari, 10.2)

Real on the Mac is a lot less annoying than the adware-infested Windows version.
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

i'm downloading the realOneplayer as i type................i hope i can view it
QUOTE Thanks
MickMAC

Yep RealOne is the answer...
QUOTE Thanks
Joeytpg

yeah!!...i was able to view it using RealOnePlayer!

thanks guys!
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

I have RealOne Player for Windows, but it came with my computer, so maybe that's why it's not infested with ad's.
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

RealOne 10 is all right actually - not as bad as RealOne 9.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Quicktime > Windows Media > Real
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Browser... | Pocket PC --> iBook --> iSync? »