New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Temporary Switching

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Drew_Ty

Drew_Ty is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

Just have a quick question. I just sold my iMac 2.1ghz (great machine, btw) because I'm going to wait to buy a Macbook Pro in a couple of months (I'll wait until Leopard comes out). Anywho, my question is that I have an external Harddrive that is formatted for MAC OS only, BUT I have been supplied with a PC laptop for work. I am wondering how to access my external Harddrive files from this PC laptop? Should I use a MAC OS emulator? Will I then be able to transfer those files to a Windows formatted harddrive (that will be on the PC laptop)?

Please help, as it'd be nice to listen to music and access some of my personal files since I'll have a laptop now for the interim until I get my Macbook Pro.
QUOTE Thanks
Glenners

Glenners is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd

I'd suggest finding someone with a mac who can temorarily store your files. When your hard drive is empty format it to fat_32 which can be read by both windows and mac. Then move all your files back on.

"Come on big operating system, big operating system!" - PC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« copy a dvd or cd | can i make the jump... steam on mac???? »