New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Order time - normal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vaughan80

vaughan80 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.

I ordered my imac on the 20th, i've just logged into my account and the shipping detials are:

Estimated Shipping: 27 Aug, 2007 - 29 Aug, 2007
Estimated Delivery: 05 Sep, 2007 - 10 Sep, 2007

Is this normal? Seems like a real long wait.

I would go into an apple store, but i got a good deal online (24" imac, with educational discount - £1080 and imac cover for only £50). I'm worried if i cancel my order, i won't get as good deal instore.
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

focalplane is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT

Hi.

Seems that the standard wait for a mac in the UK is 3 weeks, they are shipped from China when you order over the phone.

I ordered mine on 27th July and i still havent got it. not due till next week (more like 5 weeks)
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Yeh that doesnt seem that far out

Apple also have a nice way of often shipping/delivering items before the actual estimated date so dont be to suprised if they suddenly change!

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
vaughan80

let's hope so, i want my mac NOW!
QUOTE Thanks
Mentch

Mentch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM

1 week wait to ship your computer isn't that long. Did you get the stock setup or did you replace other things in it?

I ordered mine August 9th and havn't gotten mine yet. Although it just shipped today im still waiting a while for it.

Apple Fan boy
-----------------------
QUOTE Thanks
vaughan80

Stock set-up. It isn't a week, it's two-ish.
If they are taking one week from now to get it ready for shipping, then an extra week to ship it to me.

It just seems like a real long wait.
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT

Mines a stock setup. Should have now, but the screw up by the sales support guy put it back a week. Worked out at 3 weeks between order and shipping. hopefully it will mean i'll now get iLife '08
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan80 View Post
I ordered my imac on the 20th, i've just logged into my account and the shipping detials are:

Estimated Shipping: 27 Aug, 2007 - 29 Aug, 2007
Estimated Delivery: 05 Sep, 2007 - 10 Sep, 2007

Is this normal? Seems like a real long wait.

I would go into an apple store, but i got a good deal online (24" imac, with educational discount - £1080 and imac cover for only £50). I'm worried if i cancel my order, i won't get as good deal instore.
Snap! I too ordered my 24" (2.4GHz) on the 20th and have exactly the same due dates - doesn't stop me checking my order status every couple of hours though just in case...
QUOTE Thanks
vaughan80

Yep. I check mine at least twice a day at the moment. I can't wait, it's my first mac!!!
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan80 View Post
Yep. I check mine at least twice a day at the moment. I can't wait, it's my first mac!!!
Me too.

My estimated delivery date changed this morning on mine to 22nd August - Yesterday!!

Phoned up Apple to ask whats going on. its a mistake, apparently its now at the Distribution Centre in the UK and if it gets to the courier today, then i could have it tomorrow!!!

YAY!

Keeping my fingers crossed
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Quote:
Originally Posted by focalplane View Post
Me too.

My estimated delivery date changed this morning on mine to 22nd August - Yesterday!!

Phoned up Apple to ask whats going on. its a mistake, apparently its now at the Distribution Centre in the UK and if it gets to the courier today, then i could have it tomorrow!!!

YAY!

Keeping my fingers crossed
If its a mistake then maybe it's mine thats arrived early and 'accidentally' got your name attached to it.
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
If its a mistake then maybe it's mine thats arrived early and 'accidentally' got your name attached to it.
Hope not, coz a 24" iMac wont fit in the Macbook Pro sized rucksack i bought
QUOTE Thanks
chaunce322

chaunce322 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HD

I'm in the same boat...ordered for my first iMac on the 19th and have an estimated ship date of the 27th-29th. I've already backed up all my data on my pc, but I'm dying over here!

Sean
QUOTE Thanks
brooklyn431

brooklyn431 is on a distinguished road

Wow. That is a long wait. I don't know, maybe laptops are different. I ordered mine and received it within 1 week, and it was customized. Same with the Ipod, since we had it engraved it came from China also. It's very fast. Maybe it's different case you're in the Uk...but after all, you're closer to China. Hmmm.... be patient! It's worth it!
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

MANCHESTER,GB 24/08/2007 4:49 OUT FOR DELIVERY

UPS Have It!!!

It will be here today!!!

I'm so Happy!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moving backed up mucic from internal hard drive back to mac | New Imac? »