New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Problem with big files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

benitomdq

benitomdq is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

Hello !

I have a MacBook since a week now and im really happy with my new baby. Only had this problem with big files burned on Windows XP.

I need to move some files from my old Windows XP computer and i can't if the file is big. Its a 3 GB file, i burn the file in Windows and when i put the DVD in my MAC i can see the file on the DVD but with CERO size. I even cant copy the file to the desktop.

The only way to move the file to the MAC is sharing the SAME burned dvd on windows and copy the file to the MAC using the network.

Also i can use and read the file in the DVD using a virtual machine with Windows XP in the MAC.

So, the problem is not the mac drive. How can i read big files burned on windows? If a family wants to send me a DVD with a homemade video he need allways to slipt the file ?

Regards
Cristian
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

How are you burning the file in Windows?

There are certain settings which mean OS X can't read properly, just as there are settings in Vista which prevents XP from reading burnt discs.
QUOTE Thanks
benitomdq

benitomdq is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
How are you burning the file in Windows?

There are certain settings which mean OS X can't read properly, just as there are settings in Vista which prevents XP from reading burnt discs.
I try to burn the DVD using several modes, included Juliet and ISO. I can read, move and use smaller files on the same DVD, but no with the big ones. Usually 2GB+ files.

Regards
Cristian
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best filesystem to use in mac osx | AT LAST! - Ordered my Mac!! »