Thread: Just Switched!

Just Switched!
    Well, after MONTHS of reading about Apple, trips to the Apple Store, getting magazines, etc., I have my first mac! I have a 12" 1.33 Ghz PowerBook G4, 256 MB RAM, 60 GB. I also bought Office 2004 Student Edition, and an extra mouse. It'll be for college(starting at Georgetown this fall), and I can't wait to see the look on my roommate's face when I say "Switch to Safari" when I use the voice recognition, lol. My parents also decided to buy an eMac to replace my sister's PC, so I am slowly converting the rest of my family, lol. OS X feels so great compared to YEARS of Windows, and I really was tired of all the viruses, spyware, etc. No more slowdown when I do a lot of things at the same time. I'm now watching the WWDC keynote, and I love the difference b/w those who use Apple products and those who use Windows/IBM clone products(maybe we are a cult,lol). I just have one question: Are there any good free programs for the mac that you recommend i download? I already updated iTunes, and have AIM(although I like to use iChat). What else do you recommend? What programs should I buy? I'll be a student. Thanks!

Miami FL
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Unless you wanna run crons manually have a look at Mac janitor here for a start and major congratz!

Thread Information