paco2869
    PC software on a MAC?
    I am planing on getting a power book for college in the fall. Although i was recently informed that some of the programs which I will be required to use for my degree program are only made for PC use. How can I get around this and only have one computer

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco2869
    I am planing on getting a power book for college in the fall. Although i was recently informed that some of the programs which I will be required to use for my degree program are only made for PC use. How can I get around this and only have one computer
    VirtualPC allows you to run most Windows applications on your Mac.

However, some applications will run slowly; For example, if you're an engineering major, and you need to run AutoCad or Pro/E or something, it may run so slowly that you'd be better off just getting a PC. Others (those which depend on direct access to the hardware) may not run at all.

Do you know which programs you'll need to run? Sometimes you can run an equivalent Mac program and fake it.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    This is true, and a footnote, the school may need to observe that certain os's are useless because of security cough registry issues might wanna think the Appleworks replacements are just fine! Ringy Ding Ding!

Thread Information