Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Aug 09, 2007
    Posts
    35
    To wait or not to wait...
    Hi
    I was wondering if it was really worth to wait for the new OS in oct?

    is it hard to upgrade macs to a new version of the OS?

    is there any other advantages besides the OS to wait for october release? will they upgrade their model so soon?

    thanks

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Jul 31, 2007
    Location
    Middle of The Netherlands
    Posts
    209
    Specs:
    AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
    Well this topic has been discussed now for much times,

    still I will give my opinion,

    I will wait for 10.5, but that is mostly because that will give me some more time to save money for it,

    But I don't see the point of just waiting on it, oke updating will bring the costs of $129, but that is not that much, although it might be sad of the money that you just spend,

    Anyway, there are not really big arguments to wait or go for it now,

    it's all up to you, if you have the money now, go for it, or just wait till the 5th of October and save $129 on Leopard, IF you are going to buy that anyways when it releases
    And as final touch,God created the Dutch!

  3. #3

    brentsax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 24, 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    63
    Specs:
    15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by ID039 View Post
    Hi
    I was wondering if it was really worth to wait for the new OS in oct?
    It depends on whether or not you need the computer right away or not. If you can get the educational discount, Leopard will only cost $69 I believe.

    is it hard to upgrade macs to a new version of the OS?
    No. If you are a windows user, the upgrade experience is far easier than anything you would have experienced there.

    is there any other advantages besides the OS to wait for october release? will they upgrade their model so soon?

    thanks
    This also comes down to if you need the computer right now or can afford to wait. Many will argue that waiting is essentially pointless. If you are always waiting for the next big thing, you'll never make a purchase and enjoy a great product. I do not always agree with this stance, but there do not seem to be any major updates imminent until the release of Leopard in October. All that is merely conjecture at this point, though.

    -B

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wait, wait, wait, crash...on boot.
    By ohmandd in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM
  2. To wait, or not to wait? That is the question...
    By ogacon in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 02:20 PM
  3. Purchasing: To wait or not to wait
    By mac2k in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 12:07 AM
  4. MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait?
    By Spicky in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •