New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Where do i download mail from?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DRAGONGUY83

DRAGONGUY83 is on a distinguished road

hi guys, when i got my macbook i deleted a bunch of mac apps that i didnt need, which included mail. i now have a .mac and want to install it. i used the osx disk but it was not in the bundle software. anyone know where i can get this. thanks guys, ILIFE08 ROCKS
QUOTE Thanks
chrisgrieve

chrisgrieve is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)

hi, when you say you deleted it what do you mean, i.e. did you just drag it to the recycle bin or did you use a third party software to completely erase, as if you just dragged the files to recycle bin then i think that might have just deleted the icon, have you done a spotlight search for mail.app
QUOTE Thanks
DRAGONGUY83

thanks chris, i just dragged the icon to the trash, i just did the spotlight search and nothing. where would mail be bundled.
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Just pop the Install Disc 1 in and install it again.
QUOTE Thanks
DRAGONGUY83

i did but when i clicked customize it was not listed on there? do i have to reinstall osx if so will i lose all my data?
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

No, you are running the wrong program on that disc. When the contents of it appears, scroll down and find one called something like Optional Installs or something. Run that and you'll find Mail in it.
QUOTE Thanks
DRAGONGUY83

sorry to be a nusiance but this is what is listed when i click customize
cpu help file
omnioutliner
comic life
big bandgames
tous comptes fiaits
front row
photo booth
iwork trial
iweb
garageband
idvd
imovie hd
iphoto
garage band songs
sound and jingles
office 2004

this was after clicking install bunded software only when i hit that i have like 5 icons and on of the is mail but its not listed in the options. thanks for the help
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

You will need to purchase and install Pacifist so you can extract only the Mail.app for installation from your restore discs.

If you don't want to do that, then an Archive and Install will reinstall the entire OS (including your missing Mail app).

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
DRAGONGUY83

D3F1L80Y, i did the archive and intall and it showed up, THANKS. i know have a previous system in my hd. what do i do with that. thanks for the help
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If you don't need anything in there, you can safely delete the Previous System.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
DRAGONGUY83

great i really appriciate it. i love these forums and the mac community
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Education Vs Higher Educational Discounts | Rewards program »