New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Anyone ever go to those Apple workshops?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pjmikk04

Pjmikk04 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to those free Apple workshops that are offered, are they worth going to? I guess if someone could tell me a little about them.
QUOTE Thanks
jdmdelsol97

jdmdelsol97 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone

like at the apple store?
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Diver

Joe Diver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.

I went to one when I first got my iPhone. I was lucky and the only one who showed up, so I got the personal attention of the local "Genius". I had already figured out most everything, so we went through every feature and app fully, at my pace and at my level so I came away with a much better understanding of everything that little baby can do. It was worth my time. Now, if there had been others there and the session had been geared more to "this is Safari, it's a web browser" then it would have been a waste of my time.
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

I've been to lots of them at one of the local Apple stores: one on the Mac in general, a few on iLife apps, and even one on Apple TV. I didn't do the one for the iPhone.

I found them to be quite good in that you can learn some things you might not casually pick up on your own. If you're new to the equipment or software, I think the workshops are quite helpful. If you're an old hand at the specific topic, then you won't pick up much that's new to you.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Noobie

Mac Noobie is on a distinguished road

I went to the Ilife one about garage band and picked up a ton of new tips that wouldhave taken ages for me to learn just messing around with it. if your close enough to one of the stors then i would deff go
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro 2nd HD question | lost function keys!!! »