New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

What are good speakers for iMac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pastle

pastle is on a distinguished road

My new iMac will be here next week. (hurray) What are good speakers to use? Does it have to be for Mac or will any computer speakers work?
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Any speakers will work, but the speakers that are built into the iMac are better than the external speakers I used on my PC, so...
QUOTE Thanks
Sandwichman

Sandwichman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD

I use the JBL Creature II speakers (2.1). Good sound, nice subwoofer, look great (to me), cheap. Your mileage may vary depending on what qualifies as "good sound" to you.

Sitting, waiting, wishing...
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I have a set of Logitech Z3e's. It's a 2.1 setup and sound amazing. I recommend any of Logitech's speakers.
QUOTE Thanks
adox

adox is on a distinguished road

I have the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks and they are pretty decent and inexpensive.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

i use JBL speakers. these ones - http://europe.jbl.com/home/products/...at=HMM&ser=HMM
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

I have these http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=14097 and for my room, they do me just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
MBasile

MBasile has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwichman View Post
I use the JBL Creature II speakers (2.1). Good sound, nice subwoofer, look great (to me), cheap. Your mileage may vary depending on what qualifies as "good sound" to you.
I have those speakers set up to my airport extreme and love them I listen to rock and blues and the speakers sound great. It'd be best to put them on a desk where you can hide wires behind because theres a power supply going to the sub, both small speakers plug into the sub individually, and then there is the cord from the audio source to the sub
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Only your ears can judge which speakers are good for your iMac. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay, which type of music you're going to put through them and the usage you want from those speakers.

I personally would not buy JBL: I think you pay for the design more than the sound quality.

A friend of mine just bought the Blue Sky 2.1 Exo speaker set and man, those are the sweetest speakers I have heard in a very long time but they are not in the same price bracket either. With those, you get hifi components.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Possibly switching... few q's (and don't worry I read the FAQs!) | Toast 8? will it work on 10.3.9 »