Thread: burn an iso

Specs:
    MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
    burn an iso
    I downloaded a linux os this morning and tried to burn it to a cd but the iso is 700.25 meg. I would put it on a dvd, but the computer I'm installing it is old (hence a lightweight linux) and can't read dvd. I've looked through the iso and there's some documentation I could cut to make it fit, but it won't allow me access to delete anything. what can I do?

I'm certain trying to copy and paste all the files I want won't work, b/c I won't be able to get all the hidden files and I need it to run it as bootable. All I can think of is that there must be some utility I can use to extract the iso to a directory on my HD and then recreate a new iso with what I want.

Thanks.

Specs:
    20" 2Ghz iMac w/ glossy screen
    have you tried MagicISO?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Which Linux is it? Which distro? I just grabbed the latest version of Ubuntu for PC Hardware on my iMac. Dropped the ISO into Toast and put in a blank and clicked burn.

Specs:
    magicISO? I'll try that thanks laguano

Specs:
    I've been trying just about every distro my pc can run from the ultralight puppy linux, **** small, etc. to some others like xubuntu, kateos, sam, even fedora 6. dream linux 2.2 is the 700.25mb one I wanted to try.

my problem is I don't have much experience with linux (as a kid I took my dads computer reformatted the hard drive and installed redhat... he was ****** and that's about the extent of it), and I'm trying to find something that'll work well on an old laptop. I'd like to use for my office at work, and my school won't provide me w/ anything. if you have any suggestions

I have intel celeron laptop 192mb ram 30gb HD. don't remember the processor speed 350mhz or so

I think I'll need something with the xfce desktop environment although I didn't even have enough ram to install xubuntu from the live cd so I don't have much choice.

Thread Information