Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    Why is XP Good... ;)
    Don't take my word for it, just look at those people who make real claims for.... take note of the domain name annoyances.org

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp

and there's this:

http://bbs.xvsxp.com/forums/
    http://www.winguides.com/forums/post...Board=genwinxp
    http://www.puppypc.com/forum/

Enjoy!

Specs:
    I love student discount (sig)
    Question
    windows is soo predictable... :p

*crash*

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    I discovered X vs XP last night. I don't really care, you know me.

StevieA
    Talking
    I use XP and OsX on a daily basis, to be honest there's no practical difference, both work and both have minor annoyances and minor great stuff.

I'm braced for incoming . . . . .

Steve

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    Good Stevie.... I know what you mean, but there are people here who thinks otherwise... personally a puter is like a hammer or a spanner. On the internet it's a communication tool, in the office it's a tool... if it's broken, then a paper weight.

*looks at the winbox, near the door*
    *looks at the powerbook, on top of the paper pile*

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    I'll give the devil his due: XP is a major improvement over 95/98 and (shudder) ME. It's quite usable, provided you take appropriate security precautions (as you really should with any OS.)

But I stilll don't think it's as refined as OS X. It's the little things sometimes....

Specs:
    Originally Posted by d4rr3n

I think it's really sad when you say anything positive in here about a pc or windows people take it as an attack against macs. Why am i a troll for saying my 2 XP setups have not crashed while using them. Did i say anything negative about OS X there? It seems neither of you want to hear anything other than MAC IS GREAT XP SUCKS. It's this type of delusional fanboyism from the minority that gives the majority of mac owners a bad name.
    Don't get it... This a Mac forum, hence "mac-forums.com" or am i reading that wrong too? I assume it's for Mac-users who adore their machines... so, why do we have a troll, patrol? Do we have something he/she/they or it wants???

There's a "switcher's" forum for those people who have recently made the switch on their own accord!! Simply because they have gotten sick of the Windows Platform, or for the personal reasons.

Don't get me wrong... I never said "XP sucks!!"...

I just said

"Microsoft Corp. SUCK!"

And they do!

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Quote Originally Posted by hype.it
    Don't get it... This a Mac forum, hence "mac-forums.com" or am i reading that wrong too? I assume it's for Mac-users who adore their machines... so, why do we have a troll, patrol? Do we have something he/she/they or it wants???
    I can sign up wherever I want. I'm not a graphics designer, but I belong to a forum, "ApeX DesignS". I'm a Mac user. I love my Mac. I just hate that my Mac doesn't work.
    There's a "switcher's" forum for those people who have recently made the switch on their own accord!! Simply because they have gotten sick of the Windows Platform, or for the personal reasons.
    I am not a switcher. Unless you count going from OS 9 to OS X switching... I've always used Macs.Do people really have to get all emo over a computer? No.
    Don't get me wrong... I never said "XP sucks!!"...

I just said

"Microsoft Corp. SUCK!"

And they do!
    Microsoft isn't bad. I use a lot of their products regulary, such as Xbox, the Office 2004 suit, Windows Media Player, Virtual PC, and MSN Messenger.
    If it wasn't for Microsoft, Mac OS X probably wouldn't be Mac OS X. It would be Mac OS 10, without UNIX, without aqua, kind of like Rhapsody.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
    If it wasn't for Microsoft, Mac OS X probably wouldn't be Mac OS X. It would be Mac OS 10, without UNIX, without aqua, kind of like Rhapsody.

I'm a recent switcher, so excuse me, but in what way or shape did Microsoft have ANYTHING to do(besides copying it[ie.longhorn]) with aqua? or Unix?

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
    I'm a recent switcher, so excuse me, but in what way or shape did Microsoft have ANYTHING to do(besides copying it[ie.longhorn]) with aqua? or Unix?
    I am thinking the same thing. What did M$ do, be side giving Apple some money?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    Microsoft's Mac division make an Office thats better than the actual one for doz lol!

M$ rip people for their money with products like xp...

xp is just 2000 with different icons, another start menu which takes up DOUBLE the space, and FUGLY blue theme

its far to big for whats new... what is new?!

switchers switch to get AWAY fom m$ windows.. not to hear how "great" it is.... i am SICK OF WINDOWS :mad: pity i cant get away from it

here is the complete list of new xpee features straight from m$'s site

eXtra Profits (for Microsoft)
    Activation
    Removing old icons from the desktop to a folder
    The new look and feel of the desktop
    Windows Media Player integration into everything
    Putting your picture into the login screen and START menu
    The goofy, cartoonish looking new START button
    That dumb-*** dog (search companion)
    Error reporting enabled by default - sending Microsoft everything
    Internet firewall (which firewalls out what you need and lets m$ in when they want)
    Remote access tools

Matt
    Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Are you saying this because you have Windows 2000 on your PC??? Plus, Windows XP has a file protecting procedure so nothing but Microsoft updates can change system files. Windows XP is worth it alone for the ridding of the ugly sickish cold interface pervious versions had.

Specs:
    whenever i had xp on my PC i had file protection off so that litepc could remove IE

and 2000 is faster and more stable... also smaller it has a nice look, doesn't comapre to OS X though

and i wonder why windows update is web based and can only be used wit AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEE 5 and above

wickedbusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Are you saying this because you have Windows 2000 on your PC??? Plus, Windows XP has a file protecting procedure so nothing but Microsoft updates can change system files. Windows XP is worth it alone for the ridding of the ugly sickish cold interface pervious versions had.
    Obviously the file protection procedure isn't all that great since viruses are continually being created to find the wonderful "holes" in XP. You ever wonder why there are so many "Security Updates" when you have XP?

Specs:
    the protection just stops you deleting ie :mad:

Thread Information