New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Why is XP Good... ;)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Don't take my word for it, just look at those people who make real claims for.... take note of the domain name annoyances.org

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp

and there's this:

http://bbs.xvsxp.com/forums/
http://www.winguides.com/forums/post...Board=genwinxp
http://www.puppypc.com/forum/

Enjoy!
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

Graeme43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I love student discount (sig)

windows is soo predictable... :p

*crash*
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

I discovered X vs XP last night. I don't really care, you know me.
QUOTE Thanks
StevieA

I use XP and OsX on a daily basis, to be honest there's no practical difference, both work and both have minor annoyances and minor great stuff.

I'm braced for incoming . . . . .

Steve
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Good Stevie.... I know what you mean, but there are people here who thinks otherwise... personally a puter is like a hammer or a spanner. On the internet it's a communication tool, in the office it's a tool... if it's broken, then a paper weight.

*looks at the winbox, near the door*
*looks at the powerbook, on top of the paper pile*

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I'll give the devil his due: XP is a major improvement over 95/98 and (shudder) ME. It's quite usable, provided you take appropriate security precautions (as you really should with any OS.)

But I stilll don't think it's as refined as OS X. It's the little things sometimes....
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rr3n

I think it's really sad when you say anything positive in here about a pc or windows people take it as an attack against macs. Why am i a troll for saying my 2 XP setups have not crashed while using them. Did i say anything negative about OS X there? It seems neither of you want to hear anything other than MAC IS GREAT XP SUCKS. It's this type of delusional fanboyism from the minority that gives the majority of mac owners a bad name.
Don't get it... This a Mac forum, hence "mac-forums.com" or am i reading that wrong too? I assume it's for Mac-users who adore their machines... so, why do we have a troll, patrol? Do we have something he/she/they or it wants???

There's a "switcher's" forum for those people who have recently made the switch on their own accord!! Simply because they have gotten sick of the Windows Platform, or for the personal reasons.

Don't get me wrong... I never said "XP sucks!!"...

I just said

"Microsoft Corp. SUCK!"

And they do!
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype.it
Don't get it... This a Mac forum, hence "mac-forums.com" or am i reading that wrong too? I assume it's for Mac-users who adore their machines... so, why do we have a troll, patrol? Do we have something he/she/they or it wants???
I can sign up wherever I want. I'm not a graphics designer, but I belong to a forum, "ApeX DesignS". I'm a Mac user. I love my Mac. I just hate that my Mac doesn't work.
Quote:
There's a "switcher's" forum for those people who have recently made the switch on their own accord!! Simply because they have gotten sick of the Windows Platform, or for the personal reasons.
I am not a switcher. Unless you count going from OS 9 to OS X switching... I've always used Macs.Do people really have to get all emo over a computer? No.
Quote:
Don't get me wrong... I never said "XP sucks!!"...

I just said

"Microsoft Corp. SUCK!"

And they do!
Microsoft isn't bad. I use a lot of their products regulary, such as Xbox, the Office 2004 suit, Windows Media Player, Virtual PC, and MSN Messenger.
If it wasn't for Microsoft, Mac OS X probably wouldn't be Mac OS X. It would be Mac OS 10, without UNIX, without aqua, kind of like Rhapsody.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
If it wasn't for Microsoft, Mac OS X probably wouldn't be Mac OS X. It would be Mac OS 10, without UNIX, without aqua, kind of like Rhapsody.

I'm a recent switcher, so excuse me, but in what way or shape did Microsoft have ANYTHING to do(besides copying it[ie.longhorn]) with aqua? or Unix?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
I'm a recent switcher, so excuse me, but in what way or shape did Microsoft have ANYTHING to do(besides copying it[ie.longhorn]) with aqua? or Unix?
I am thinking the same thing. What did M$ do, be side giving Apple some money?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

Microsoft's Mac division make an Office thats better than the actual one for doz lol!

M$ rip people for their money with products like xp...

xp is just 2000 with different icons, another start menu which takes up DOUBLE the space, and FUGLY blue theme

its far to big for whats new... what is new?!

switchers switch to get AWAY fom m$ windows.. not to hear how "great" it is.... i am SICK OF WINDOWS :mad: pity i cant get away from it

here is the complete list of new xpee features straight from m$'s site

eXtra Profits (for Microsoft)
Activation
Removing old icons from the desktop to a folder
The new look and feel of the desktop
Windows Media Player integration into everything
Putting your picture into the login screen and START menu
The goofy, cartoonish looking new START button
That dumb-*** dog (search companion)
Error reporting enabled by default - sending Microsoft everything
Internet firewall (which firewalls out what you need and lets m$ in when they want)
Remote access tools
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you saying this because you have Windows 2000 on your PC??? Plus, Windows XP has a file protecting procedure so nothing but Microsoft updates can change system files. Windows XP is worth it alone for the ridding of the ugly sickish cold interface pervious versions had.
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

whenever i had xp on my PC i had file protection off so that litepc could remove IE

and 2000 is faster and more stable... also smaller it has a nice look, doesn't comapre to OS X though

and i wonder why windows update is web based and can only be used wit AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEE 5 and above
QUOTE Thanks
wickedbusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you saying this because you have Windows 2000 on your PC??? Plus, Windows XP has a file protecting procedure so nothing but Microsoft updates can change system files. Windows XP is worth it alone for the ridding of the ugly sickish cold interface pervious versions had.
Obviously the file protection procedure isn't all that great since viruses are continually being created to find the wonderful "holes" in XP. You ever wonder why there are so many "Security Updates" when you have XP?
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

the protection just stops you deleting ie :mad:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Jaguar, printing to a windows machine | Real Media Files »