New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Excited! But one question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

phantac

phantac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(

Well after about 2 weeks, my MPB has finally shipped. Got the email at 3 am this morning to tell me it left Shanghai. It should be coming in Friday, the wait has been painful but I can't wait to get it. Anyways, with the new iLife '08 being revealed today, does anyone believe it will be shipped with my new MBP or will I be receiving the old iLife'06? If they do indeed ship the iLife '06 will I be able to walk into a Apple store and ask for the iLife '08 as I bought the MBP 2 weeks ago? Or will they shaft me and make me drop a nice $75 dollars? If they do shaft me, I believe it'll be worth it to just get the 08 anyways, but I'd like to know if it'd be possible that I received the newer iLife. Hope that makes sense. And I'd like to thank everyone in the forums for providing all the information I needed to purchase my first Mac! Thanks again everyone!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantac View Post
Well after about 2 weeks, my MPB has finally shipped. Got the email at 3 am this morning to tell me it left Shanghai. It should be coming in Friday, the wait has been painful but I can't wait to get it. Anyways, with the new iLife '08 being revealed today, does anyone believe it will be shipped with my new MBP or will I be receiving the old iLife'06? If they do indeed ship the iLife '06 will I be able to walk into a Apple store and ask for the iLife '08 as I bought the MBP 2 weeks ago? Or will they shaft me and make me drop a nice $75 dollars? If they do shaft me, I believe it'll be worth it to just get the 08 anyways, but I'd like to know if it'd be possible that I received the newer iLife. Hope that makes sense. And I'd like to thank everyone in the forums for providing all the information I needed to purchase my first Mac! Thanks again everyone!
My guess is that it will come with iLife '06, just based on the time-frame. I'm sure you could ask for iLife '08 at an Apple store or with a call to Apple and get it free of charge. If not, I would just ask to return it and then buy another since you're within your grace period.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
phantac

phantac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(

Ah... I hope so. Thanks for the quick reply.
Another question though that's most likely been asked and answered over and over. I ordered my computer through the online store with the educational discount. Should I go to my local Apple store and just show them my receipt and university ID and Schedule to make sure that it gets charged correctly?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnJohn

JohnJohn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi

If your mac gets to you after the 7th I think you would have a good chance to qualify for this.

http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Geeze... | Opening iPhoto pics in Windows? »