New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple Store Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dominion

Dominion is on a distinguished road

I wasn't quite sure where to ask this so I'll throw it in here maybe for the benefit of the switchers (I myself am not a switcher, unless you consider using multiple OS's at the same time switching )

Anyways I am going to the Apple Store in Nashville, TN in a few weeks to purchase me a 2.0Ghz model of the Macbook Pro. The reason for a store visit is that I don't have time to actually have one of these bad boys shipped to me. (I leave for Germany on the 22nd of August and won't have the money till probably the week before that)

Now if I visit the store what is the chance of them having the 2.0Ghz model in stock? I'll be visiting either on a Monday or a Friday, I don't know what day is their restock day. The other reason for the 2.0Ghz model is that I don't want to spend over 2k (with student discount) on the MBP. (If I remember correctly, the 2.2Ghz model 15" is 2,200 with discount)

I know it kinda sounds like a dumb question but I've never been into an apple store before
QUOTE Thanks
kuklachica

kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

The basic macbook pro model they sell is the 15" 2.2 GHz model... you can't get the 2.0 anymore. The current 15" 2.2 GHz "base" model with student discount is $1799, and a free iPod (which you could turn around and sell if you needed more money), and $100 off a printer (or free if the printer is $100, or you could sell it as well). I don't see why they wouldn't have them in stock. Call ahead, but I don't think it would be a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Dominion

Hrm I must have missed something then or the Compusa REALLY marks them up, they had the 2.2 model for 2300$ today. Well thanks for the info, I will call them before I head there mainly because it's a 2 1/2 hour drive
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I wouldn't trust CompUSA too much, just call the store like you said and make sure they have what you want before you make the trip. I am sure they will have what you want when you get there.
QUOTE Thanks
kuklachica

kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

Look at the apple website...that's where I got the info from.
QUOTE Thanks
Dominion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
Look at the apple website...that's where I got the info from.
The website has store stock?

And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there are only two 15" models and it would be pretty lame if they didn't atleast have one of em instock. Unless there was an insane discount.

It's a shame my nearest Apple store is 4-6 hours away
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Return mac mini | One more sleep! »