New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

(Hi from Turkey!)Which one to buy..Help please!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shadyboi

shadyboi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig

Hey guys i am just so excited to find this site..i have been reading it all the night long..i am thinking of getting a mbp but i cant decide which one would be better a 17inch or a 15 inch??i look at my PC's monitor it is 17 inch and it seems to me small..but when i look at my friend's hp 15inch laptops screen it seems pretty big..i donnt know which to choose..i didnt even actually touched a mac before lol..i am gonna take one of this to college so mobility is important..what u guys think about it??
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, shadyboi.

If portability is important and you will be taking your MBP back and forth on a daily basis, get the 15": I've read here and there that the 17" is pretty heavy and cumbersome to carry around.
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

thanx man..portability will be important because my college will be like 600km from my home..of course i will be staying at a dormitory but it would be nicer to have sth smaller and powerfull in your back pack.And thanx for the welcoming.
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

Hey guys..
What do you think of how much would it be different carrying a 15inc mbp than a 17inch mbp...i really want the 17 inch one..but in the other hand i want it to be easy to carry...and i just cant decide....
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

You could have used your other thread to pursue the discussion.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72361
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

DO NOT get the 17 inch one. My friend has a 17 inch Acer laptop. It's HUGE. Not portable at all. Get 15 inch.
QUOTE Thanks
Austin

Austin is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
DO NOT get the 17 inch one. My friend has a 17 inch Acer laptop. It's HUGE. Not portable at all. Get 15 inch.
i second that, your better off saving for a seperate display.

Windows fanboy gone Mac. Switching as soon as leopard launches. Can't wait for my macbook pro!
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
You could have used your other thread to pursue the discussion.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72361
oopssi've really forgotten about it..i am kinda busy these days..working in three different jobs in a day makes me really tired..but if its okay,lets continue with this one..pls..
QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
i am pretty sure it would be that way..but i really dont wanna stuck in a small screen and 15 inc lcds look pretty small to me..i mean i have only one chance and i dont wanna be regretful after all
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

No, please use your original thread. Crossposting and creating multiple threads on the same topic is considered bad netiquette.

Actually I'll just combine them...

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
shadyboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
No, please use your original thread. Crossposting and creating multiple threads on the same topic is considered bad netiquette.

Actually I'll just combine them...
thanx
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wanting to Switch, but... | Mewbie in need of help »