New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Irritating MacBook issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brooklyn431

brooklyn431 is on a distinguished road

I am a relatively new Mac convert. I bought a MacBook White. I noticed that when I am using the on-board mouse, my palm (below the pinky finger) gets cut into by the hard plastic on the front of the base of the computer. I bought the Marware protection pack to put on the computer to protect it from scratches. Will it help with the discomfort? Any other ideas\solutions? Please help, this is really annoying and never happened with my - dare I say it *gag* - Compaq Presario laptop! Thanks....
QUOTE Thanks
Capt Crunch

Capt Crunch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: bottom-of-the-line MacBook

I have a similar product to the Marware stuff and it doesn't help. I've just adjusted my hand position to avoid it, but it is a really annoying problem that shouldn't be there.
QUOTE Thanks
teacher

teacher is on a distinguished road

I would take a gel pad or mouse pad with the wrist support and place it so it protects your hand. I rest my hand there but don't put any pressure on it to cause it to give me problems. If we were all using good keying technique we would not be resting our hands there but would be holding them off the edge. I have just given away that I don't practice what I am suppose to teach my students.....

Julia
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

If you're resting your hands on the edge then you're probably going to give yourself RSI in the long term. Your hands and wrists should form a straight line.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
Toyman321

Toyman321 is an unknown at this point

I had a friend who took light sandpaper and rounded the edge just slightly to prevent this, I havnt had an issue with mine due to the way I type... I guess it would work if you didnt mind sanding down part of your computer
QUOTE Thanks
chat19

chat19 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600

I guess thats incentive that apple give to upgrade to a MBP, your hands don't get cut
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod from pc to mbp??i am confused | New MBP 2 weeks old, loving it. Few Q's. »