Thread: burning a cd-rw

burning a cd-rw

burning a cd-rw
    I burned a few files on to a cd-rw a while back, and now I want to add some more files to the same cd-rw but when i make a new burn folder and insert the cd-rw it just says i need to insert a blank disc. How can I go about using the same disc so I dont have to waste all the space thats left on the cd?

burning a cd-rw
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Some one will come along and correct me. You will need to copy all of the data off of the CD-RW and recreae the CD with the old stuff and the new stuff. I have not use the finder and the burn folder, so I don't know the correct process. I normally use Toast.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

burning a cd-rw

Is there anyway to keep adding files to one disc until its full? Kind of like using a floppy disk. Seems like alot of wasted space on a disc if you can only burn on to it once.

todd51
    Quote Originally Posted by rtpguy5 View Post
    Is there anyway to keep adding files to one disc until its full? Kind of like using a floppy disk. Seems like alot of wasted space on a disc if you can only burn on to it once.
    Well CD-RW stands for "re-writeable" so technically it is kind of like a floppy, you don't have to throw it away, you can just erase it and re-write to it.

http://www.sfsu.edu/~helpdesk/FileManagement/mac.htm

The very bottom of that website explains how to erase a CD-RW with Disk Utility and says you cannot add additional data to the CD, it must be erased first.

Thread Information