Hello, new Mac user here.
    My PC crashed on me a couple of weeks ago. It wasnt just my PC but it was my gaming rig as well. It was slightly outdated so I figured instead of wasting money fixing it, a Mac has always appealed to me.....so what the hey?

I bought a Mac Pro Workstation.

My question is this. There are a few PC based programs that I would still love to use, especially games.

Rather than using a software solution to do this, can I add a second HD to my tower that is loaded with Windows only and swicth back and forth between the two? My concern is keeping the system fast and not lagging things down by running two operating systems at the same time.

If I could do that, would PC based games work on a Mac video card? Any issues with Direct X 9 with Mac hardware?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    You need Boot Camp. It will allow you to install Windows on a separate partition and run anything you would normally run on a PC with equivalent specs (in reality, Macs are pretty much just regular PCs with EFI instead of BIOS).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

I had looked into boot camp. I see its a beta right now. Is it pretty stable?

I opened up the side of the workstation and I must say, Ive NEVER seen a PC put together so cleanly and well thought out as this Mac is.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Yes, it is beta, but consider that it's not really a program you run Windows on top of. It basically just preps your system for a Windows install and then includes drivers to allow Windows to communicate with the hardware and maintain some of the Mac-like functionality (i.e. double-finger taps for a right-click in Windows). Yes, it's very stable.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information