New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

download pic to pictures pic folder instead of iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gumdrop

gumdrop is on a distinguished road

I have a Canon xti how can i download my picture to my pic folder instead of to iPhoto
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Use ImageCapture instead of iPhoto.
It is in your Applications folder.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

iPhoto probably launches automatically when you plug in your camera, so you will have to open Image Capture now and, even if it tells you there is no camera to be found in its window, go into Image Capture's Preferences, and under the General tab, you'll see where you can set the application of your choice for the download of your photos.

I really like Canon's freebie that came with my XT so you might want to install it if you haven't already. The way I have set up my iMac when I plug in my CF card in the media card reader is that Canon's CameraWindow will launch and do the download for me and then Canon's ImageBrowser then launches to let me see in a slideshow my images so I can eliminate right from the start the bad ones.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
gumdrop

gumdrop is on a distinguished road

Hi: MacHeadCase. Thanks for the tips I installed the freebie that came with my camera and tried it ths morn love it. The way to go, will use it from now on. You have been very helpful
QUOTE Thanks
professorjay

professorjay is on a distinguished road

I've read that Canon's don't show up as a mounted drive when you plug it in, is everyone here experiencing that? I have a Canon SD 600 (or something like that), and it doesn't do this. I wish it would so I could selectively download and delete pics off the camera.

Also, when I use ImageCapture, in the drop down to pick where you would like to download your photos, the list is empty. When I run it, they end up in the Pictures folder. Anyone know what's going on, or how to fix this so I can choose?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrop View Post
Hi: MacHeadCase. Thanks for the tips I installed the freebie that came with my camera and tried it ths morn love it. The way to go, will use it from now on. You have been very helpful
Glad you find this useful! Now show us some of your pix!
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

If you start up Image capture you then see this box

If you click on the Download to you should get an option called Other

You can then tell IC where you want your shots

If you click on options you get this pane

You can select the option with the arrow

IC then deletes the downloaded Shots from the camera.

Other than that I can't be of much help .
QUOTE Thanks
yellow19man

yellow19man will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorjay View Post
I've read that Canon's don't show up as a mounted drive when you plug it in, is everyone here experiencing that? I have a Canon SD 600 (or something like that), and it doesn't do this. I wish it would so I could selectively download and delete pics off the camera.

Also, when I use ImageCapture, in the drop down to pick where you would like to download your photos, the list is empty. When I run it, they end up in the Pictures folder. Anyone know what's going on, or how to fix this so I can choose?
Yes, I am experiencing the non-mounting of the camera. Is there a way around this? I like plugging in my camera and just taking the photos off the camera as if the camera was just another USB key or hard drive.

I have a Canon camera as well. I can't seem to find this option in any of the programs or system preferences.

Hopefully someone has a way around this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Aluminum glass iMac | Connecting to the internet: must be a better way »