New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Attention Ladies - computers aren't just for guys!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

My wife decided to sell her iMac and get a MacBook for portability. We picked up a white one along with a pink MacStyles skin and a clear Bookshell protection case. Who says computers are for male geeks only? Here are the results...

MacBook closed

MacBook open (inside)

MacBook closed (outside)

She does photography on the side and MacStyles was able to hook us up with a really nice camera decal for the lid. We have a MacStyles lid sticker and a MacStyles MacPad for the wrist area. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.macstyles.com/

To protect it, we ordered a Bookshell protector. Originally we were going to get a Techshell, but the clear ones are always sold out. My only gripe about the Bookshell is that they have their logo right under the light-up Apple on the lid; we peeled off the sticker but you can still see the indentation where it was positioned. Here's their site:

http://www.macessity.com/index.php?t...oduct_id=29794

As for the rest of it, it's the 2.16ghz Core 2 Duo model with the DVD burner. We added 3 gigs of ram from OWC and a 200gb 7200rpm Hitachi hard drive from XPC Gear. It's a very effective replacement for her Intel iMac! For backup she uses a 2.5" 250gb 5400rpm Western Digital hard drive inside a Mercury enclosure, also from OWC. We are setting up the backup drive with OS X installed on it, then having SuperDuper clone the internal hard drive to file on the backup drive. That way it can copy 100% of the hard drive quickly every day using an incremental backup plus if the internal drive has any problems we can boot to OS X using the external drive and clone her SuperDuper backup right back over. Very simple and easy way to ensure that her computer will always have a failsafe backup! We also use Mozy, a $5 a month service that backs up your data online (unlimited storage space). It works in the background so it never clogs up her computer. Just an extra layer of protection in case her computer breaks or gets stolen or whatever. Here's a link to Mozy:

http://mozy.com/

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
gigabella

gigabella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!

If someone tried to tell me computer geekism is just for guys.....well....there'd be problems!!!

I love my computers...building my own PC's for about 7 years now, servicing all of them including family issues (no one learns how to keep the spam away) and have 2 laptops, macbook, and sony vaio.

5 computers in my home networked both wired and wireless.

And cant forget the PPC in my bag soon to be replaced by an iphone

QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

omg..... do not put your macbook on the bed, it will overheat........i done that when i first got my macbook and it got so dam hot....... when you put it on the bed the fans are being blocked so it will overheat
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahvikram123 View Post
omg..... do not put your macbook on the bed, it will overheat........i done that when i first got my macbook and it got so dam hot....... when you put it on the bed the fans are being blocked so it will overheat
Yeah, discovered that with my first 13" MacBook last year. Sucker gets toasty!

QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabella View Post
If someone tried to tell me computer geekism is just for guys.....well....there'd be problems!!!

I love my computers...building my own PC's for about 7 years now, servicing all of them including family issues (no one learns how to keep the spam away) and have 2 laptops, macbook, and sony vaio.

5 computers in my home networked both wired and wireless.

And cant forget the PPC in my bag soon to be replaced by an iphone

It's funny when my wife gets home from work. She hops on her computer and she's like...I have nothing to do...I already did it on my iPhone...lol.

QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

Looks great.....my cousin wanted a mac and as stupid as she sounds she didn't want a lappy unless it was pink.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What to do? | Hello, new Mac user here. »