New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OS 10.5 - leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macswitching101

Macswitching101 is on a distinguished road

is it really going to be that much better
is it worth waiting to buy a computer
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

Quote:
depends on whether or not you'll use the features like time machine, spaces, new finder and desktop, etc.

Personally I probably would not use all the features, but I'm still going to buy it, because it's pretty cheap.

Quote:
If you need a comptuer straight away then just buy it, you could always upgrade later on and its pretty cheap newyz
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macswitching101 View Post
Use the search button at the top of the forum. All your questions will be answered.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Macswitching101

Macswitching101 is on a distinguished road

is it worth the wait???? for leopard i mean it might be glitchy and all that jazz with the first release
and also...my dad wants me to get the macbook pro but i want the black macbook cause it looks nicer...which one should u get
mind u screen size isn't the problem here i am using it for mainly school purposes
and this is my first mac EVER
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macswitching101 View Post
is it worth the wait???? for leopard i mean it might be glitchy and all that jazz with the first release
and also...my dad wants me to get the macbook pro but i want the black macbook cause it looks nicer...which one should u get
mind u screen size isn't the problem here i am using it for mainly school purposes
and this is my first mac EVER
Please use the search feature this forum provides. The questions you are asking have already been answered numerous times.

Buy now or wait for Leopard
macbook vs mb pro
QUOTE Thanks
yellow19man

yellow19man will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED

I think the topic of "Should I wait for Leopard" be a sticky thread.

Everyone seems to ask that question.

Maybe start a sticky thread with pro's/con's and personal experiences with the MacBook Pro because that seems pretty popular too. Helps people with purchasing decisions.

Just an idea.
QUOTE Thanks
cramar

cramar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS

Personal choice. My advice is to do a side-by-side comparison. I did and chose the black MB. Soon after I got it, the LED MBP came out. Now I tell people if they are going to wait for Leopard—get the low-end MBP. Best machine for the money, running the newest OS. Nothing like it out there!
QUOTE Thanks
skiwhyte

skiwhyte is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard

if your parrents are paying for it...
and your dad wants you to get a pro
GET A PRO
i have the black macbook. and i would kill for a MBP.
if you get the macbook pro and still want the black book id gladly trade lol
QUOTE Thanks
proxy

proxy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb

well i have a mb c2d and love it my macbook was an upgrade from a ibook g4 (was my first mac since my dad got a mac2 from work when i was 8) and i would like a pro for more power as i work with a lot of film 3d graphics and hi-rez photography this kills anything no matter how much power it has now my macbook has been doing the job grate for just over 6months now.

i am planning an upgrade to a pro soon but am waiting for leopard as i think there will be an upgrade of the macbook pros around that time and also means i dont have 2 splash out on a copy of leopard

i just hope the upgrade is to the 4 core cpu's
QUOTE Thanks
Finx_1

Finx_1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM

personally i'm waiting till leopard...
If you watch the WWDC7 vid it shows you wot ur waiting for....
Nothing HUGE.. but i'm waiting on the fact that with a new OS maybe they'll bring out a new range G6???
Who no's but I don't wanna buy a macbook now and kick myself when a new model that at standard is twice the speed and twice as light in 3months...
(this is an exaduration but u get my point)

If you can just hold out... Oct ain't that far away and my guess is that leopard will take 512Mb min to run (Vista takes 1Gb!!!! so poss leopard will go even that high!!!)... so very poss an upgrade on standard comps RAM when Leopard is released?????

I've spoke to a few people and they all think the same..
QUOTE Thanks
JackTheMac

JackTheMac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Vista takes 1Gb
actually microsoft reccomends 2GB of Ram to run vista
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicktime Pro | Mac Friendly UK ISP? »