New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OS 10.5 - leopard


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Macswitching101

 
Member Since: Jul 29, 2007
Posts: 67
Macswitching101 is on a distinguished road

Macswitching101 is offline
is it really going to be that much better
is it worth waiting to buy a computer
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

 
shahvikram123's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 16, 2006
Location: UK, London
Posts: 632
shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

shahvikram123 is offline
Quote:
is it really going to be that much better
depends on whether or not you'll use the features like time machine, spaces, new finder and desktop, etc.

Personally I probably would not use all the features, but I'm still going to buy it, because it's pretty cheap.

Quote:
is it worth waiting to buy a computer
If you need a comptuer straight away then just buy it, you could always upgrade later on and its pretty cheap newyz
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

 
schweb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 27, 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 13,198
schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

schweb is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macswitching101 View Post
is it really going to be that much better
is it worth waiting to buy a computer
Use the search button at the top of the forum. All your questions will be answered.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Macswitching101

 
Member Since: Jul 29, 2007
Posts: 67
Macswitching101 is on a distinguished road

Macswitching101 is offline
is it worth the wait???? for leopard i mean it might be glitchy and all that jazz with the first release
and also...my dad wants me to get the macbook pro but i want the black macbook cause it looks nicer...which one should u get
mind u screen size isn't the problem here i am using it for mainly school purposes
and this is my first mac EVER
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

 
Eric559's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 18, 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 3,185
Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Eric559 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macswitching101 View Post
is it worth the wait???? for leopard i mean it might be glitchy and all that jazz with the first release
and also...my dad wants me to get the macbook pro but i want the black macbook cause it looks nicer...which one should u get
mind u screen size isn't the problem here i am using it for mainly school purposes
and this is my first mac EVER
Please use the search feature this forum provides. The questions you are asking have already been answered numerous times.

Buy now or wait for Leopard
macbook vs mb pro
QUOTE Thanks
yellow19man

 
yellow19man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 06, 2007
Posts: 163
yellow19man will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED

yellow19man is offline
I think the topic of "Should I wait for Leopard" be a sticky thread.

Everyone seems to ask that question.

Maybe start a sticky thread with pro's/con's and personal experiences with the MacBook Pro because that seems pretty popular too. Helps people with purchasing decisions.

Just an idea.
QUOTE Thanks
cramar

 
cramar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 23, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 93
cramar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS

cramar is offline
Personal choice. My advice is to do a side-by-side comparison. I did and chose the black MB. Soon after I got it, the LED MBP came out. Now I tell people if they are going to wait for Leopard—get the low-end MBP. Best machine for the money, running the newest OS. Nothing like it out there!
QUOTE Thanks
skiwhyte

 
Member Since: Jun 21, 2007
Posts: 58
skiwhyte is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard

skiwhyte is offline
if your parrents are paying for it...
and your dad wants you to get a pro
GET A PRO
i have the black macbook. and i would kill for a MBP.
if you get the macbook pro and still want the black book id gladly trade lol
QUOTE Thanks
proxy

 
proxy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 19, 2007
Posts: 221
proxy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb

proxy is offline
well i have a mb c2d and love it my macbook was an upgrade from a ibook g4 (was my first mac since my dad got a mac2 from work when i was 8) and i would like a pro for more power as i work with a lot of film 3d graphics and hi-rez photography this kills anything no matter how much power it has now my macbook has been doing the job grate for just over 6months now.

i am planning an upgrade to a pro soon but am waiting for leopard as i think there will be an upgrade of the macbook pros around that time and also means i dont have 2 splash out on a copy of leopard

i just hope the upgrade is to the 4 core cpu's
QUOTE Thanks
Finx_1

 
Finx_1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 26, 2007
Location: Devon, England
Posts: 100
Finx_1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM

Finx_1 is offline
personally i'm waiting till leopard...
If you watch the WWDC7 vid it shows you wot ur waiting for....
Nothing HUGE.. but i'm waiting on the fact that with a new OS maybe they'll bring out a new range G6???
Who no's but I don't wanna buy a macbook now and kick myself when a new model that at standard is twice the speed and twice as light in 3months...
(this is an exaduration but u get my point)

If you can just hold out... Oct ain't that far away and my guess is that leopard will take 512Mb min to run (Vista takes 1Gb!!!! so poss leopard will go even that high!!!)... so very poss an upgrade on standard comps RAM when Leopard is released?????

I've spoke to a few people and they all think the same..
QUOTE Thanks
JackTheMac

 
Member Since: Jul 11, 2007
Location: South-East PoopLand, I Mean England :P
Posts: 167
JackTheMac is on a distinguished road

JackTheMac is offline
Quote:
Vista takes 1Gb
actually microsoft reccomends 2GB of Ram to run vista
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Quicktime Pro | Mac Friendly UK ISP? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Upgrading from Tiger to Leopard (question for reference) Left Face Down Switcher Hangout 20 04-08-2010 07:51 PM
Upgrading to Leopard in the future ukdmbfan OS X - Operating System 5 12-13-2007 11:50 AM
Buy now or wait for Leopard kris182 Switcher Hangout 19 07-16-2007 10:24 AM
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard 9A321 Rumored to be Seeded to Developers rukind2 Apple Rumors and Reports 6 12-17-2006 12:16 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?