New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Where's the power button on the new keyboard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MoltenLava

I can't find the power button on the new Pro keyboard. What's the deal, are we supposed to bend down to the computer in order to turn it on? Or is there a hidden button that I haven't found??
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Did you just come out of hiding under a rock for a few years?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

i think that means "yeah, bend over sucka"
QUOTE Thanks
Admiral Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenLava
I can't find the power button on the new Pro keyboard. What's the deal, are we supposed to bend down to the computer in order to turn it on? Or is there a hidden button that I haven't found??
Yes, with the new keyboard there is no power button, so you'll have to reach to your computer and turn it on. If you don't like doing that, use your old keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Sheesh that bites.. I didn't know that, since I use a PB I think they should throw that button back on the keyboard!
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

erm... why the feck would a poweruser want a powerbutton. most powerusers would leave their mac's on 24/7. don't you?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

Nope I sure don't. I find my powerbook begins to run slow when I leave it on, so I turn it off at night and then reboot it in the morning.. Actually I have it automatically turn on in the morning. Rebooting is fast and it's definitely worth the speed increase that I get from it.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

maybe you need a heatsink.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

I have a powerbook.. what would a heatsink do for me that shutting down at night doesnt do for me?
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Help disburse heat better, keeping it cooler during use. I'm in Hong kong & China, the average temp here during the summer months is 30-40C and my PB can be too hot to touch, even after 2 hours of use.
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

Graeme43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I love student discount (sig)

I have over a weeks uptime on my iBook and its still flying fast even on reduced mode

iBook G3 (2001) 500MHz 384 RAM 9.2.2 / 10.2.8
Titanium PowerBook G4 (2001) 500MHz 768 RAM 9.2.2/10.2.8
Mac Pro (2007) 4x2.66GHz, 6GB RAM, 10.6.7
iPad 3G + iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Try the oven.... hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme43
I have over a weeks uptime on my iBook and its still flying fast even on reduced mode
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Heat is a small problem, but that's not the reason why I power down my computer

I guess it could be because mine is half the speed of yours Graeme You have a 1.2 and I have a 667.

When I have Entourage, Mozilla, iTunes, DragThing, Safe Place, MacReporter, BBEdit, Spamfire, Photoshop all open, plus I have my webserver going, oh Konfabulator, things begin to go slow even when i quit everything.. something has a memory leak I think. Rebooting takes care of all that, frees everything up and I fly fast once again. Eventually I would like to get a new Powerbook, but I need to wait until wedding/honeymoon expenses, etc etc are all paid off
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

*buys lottery ticket*
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Actually I have it automatically turn on in the morning. Rebooting is fast and it's definitely worth the speed increase that I get from it.
New to the Mac world... How would I do that on a G5?

BTW: I'm not actually saying that I would do that, I just want it for future reference.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Battery | Convince me to switch. »