New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Should I have waited?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LEWISM

LEWISM is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

I Just purchased a Mac Book 2.00 w/ Educational DSC for 1149 CDN + tax. I know that the 2.00 will probably be discontinued when the new version comes out and will not be discounted any further. I also know Leopard is set to be released in the fall. I am having second doubts right now. Do you think I should return it and wait. I really only need the computer for school (internet, work processing, email, I tunes, maybe some movies here and there).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lewis
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

I have the same Macbook. It's awesome! You are going to love it... you would nver even notice the difference between 2.0 and 2.16... in fact, you'll probably never reach the limits of the 2.0 Core2Duo.

Great pick!

Congrats to you, and welcome to the forums!!!
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

if it is the macbook you want then keep it. who cares if they have a new release and your processor is now .28ghz slower than the new model.

also a lot of rumors are stating that there is going to be a big change in their linup at end of the quarter, which is late september, way too late to be purchasing a new computer for school.

there are rumors of an aug. 7 release of some new stuff but that is rumors of new imacs

long story short, you shouldnt need to wait, you own a great product...also once the new os comes out it will only be like 80 bucks or less with a student discount
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
LEWISM

LEWISM is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the relief. I gues your right - I got a new MB for a good deal.

Thanks Again

Lewis
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Played On A Mac For The First Time.. | Protection Used? »