Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    GuasaGuasa
    Guest
    I just flipped the switch!!!!
    Finally!
    I just got off the phone with the Apple Store and placed my order for a 12" iBook: Bluetooth, Airport Extreme, 40GB HD, 256 Ram (will buy 512 from crucial, about 50% cheaper).

    I know it will feel good to be back on a Mac after all these years!!! My first computer was a Mac, I don't remember the model but I remember it had OS 7 and it didn't have a CD Rom Drive. I gave that computer up at about the same time the first iMacs came out. I wanted one but my dad refused to buy one for me. Now that I can afford my own computer, I ordered myself a Mac.

  2. #2

    Padawan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 21, 2003
    Location
    Coruscant, Galactic Republic
    Posts
    1,185
    Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by GuasaGuasa
    Finally!
    I just got off the phone with the Apple Store and placed my order for a 12" iBook: Bluetooth, Airport Extreme, 40GB HD, 256 Ram (will buy 512 from crucial, about 50% cheaper).

    I know it will feel good to be back on a Mac after all these years!!! My first computer was a Mac, I don't remember the model but I remember it had OS 7 and it didn't have a CD Rom Drive. I gave that computer up at about the same time the first iMacs came out. I wanted one but my dad refused to buy one for me. Now that I can afford my own computer, I ordered myself a Mac.
    Congratulations. You're going to love it.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

    Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

  3. #3
    IndianPowerbook
    Guest
    nothing like using something u actually spent ur money on

  4. #4

    NightCrawler's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 30, 2004
    Location
    Gare D' Europa
    Posts
    306
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
    nothin' like spendin' other ppl's money.... [/evil grin]
    - It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...

  5. #5

    Graeme43's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 15, 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    428
    Specs:
    I love student discount (sig)
    12" iBooks are lovely

    be sure to benchmark it with Xbench and see the difference of adding the extra ram
    iBook G3 (2001) 500MHz 384 RAM 9.2.2 / 10.2.8
    Titanium PowerBook G4 (2001) 500MHz 768 RAM 9.2.2/10.2.8
    Mac Pro (2007) 4x2.66GHz, 6GB RAM, 10.6.7
    iPad 3G + iPhone 4

  6. #6

    Osiris22x's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 25, 2004
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    475
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
    I just ran XBench for the first time. I ran it first without rebooting, my machine had been up for probably a week. I got a score of 95.98. Then I rebooted, and ran it again. I got a score of 96.82. So, it's good to see that OS X isn't much affected by memory and resource leaks. I was really impressed.

    What I'm not impressed with, however...is XBench. For some reason, directly after my reboot, my graphics wents nuts. There's little purple and pink fringing here and there, and all sorts of glitches in general. This is the first time my Powerbook has EVER done this, since I got it three months ago. I'm a bit concerned. Here's a snapshot of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Congratz and welcome to Mac and the forum!

  8. #8

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris22x
    I just ran XBench for the first time. <snip> Here's a snapshot of what I'm talking about.
    Did you repair permissions?

  9. #9

    Absolute Zero's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 05, 2003
    Location
    I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Posts
    1,246
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    Permissions wouldn't have anything to do with it....

  10. #10
    iKwak
    Guest
    Hehe, the same config as mine. You made a wise decision.

  11. #11

    Graeme43's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 15, 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    428
    Specs:
    I love student discount (sig)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris22x
    I just ran XBench for the first time. I ran it first without rebooting, my machine had been up for probably a week. I got a score of 95.98. Then I rebooted, and ran it again. I got a score of 96.82. So, it's good to see that OS X isn't much affected by memory and resource leaks. I was really impressed.

    What I'm not impressed with, however...is XBench. For some reason, directly after my reboot, my graphics wents nuts. There's little purple and pink fringing here and there, and all sorts of glitches in general. This is the first time my Powerbook has EVER done this, since I got it three months ago. I'm a bit concerned. Here's a snapshot of what I'm talking about.


    huhhh! i got 108.72 with my ibook :p with 10 days uptime.. haven't tried it after a reboot

  12. #12
    pedXing
    Guest
    I have a question...how does this apple stores work...
    if i wanted a powerbook with certain configuration, do they build it at the store? or do they just go online and order it for you? and if they do build one at the store, how long does it take?

  13. #13


    Member Since
    Dec 28, 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    911
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Quote Originally Posted by pedXing
    The main uses for operating systems:
    Linux for development;
    Mac for graphics;
    Palm for mobility;
    Windows for solitaire.

    Actually...it's...
    Macintosh for Productivity
    Linux for Development
    Palm for Mobility
    windows for Solitare



    I have the shirt www.macshirt.com :rolleyes:

  14. #14

    Graeme43's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 15, 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    428
    Specs:
    I love student discount (sig)
    pah :mad: IMO doz can't even do solitare correctly

  15. #15
    manhattanmonkey
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
    Actually...it's...
    Macintosh for Productivity
    Linux for Development
    Palm for Mobility
    windows for Solitare



    I have the shirt www.macshirt.com :rolleyes:

    lol about the shirt - but is there a download to get Solitare on Mac? Just curious.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to start playing music when switch is flipped?
    By auby1885 in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
  2. Pictures not flipped
    By John F in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
  3. SMSRotated PERMANENTLY FLIPPED MY SCREEN!!
    By Zacariem in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 04:51 PM
  4. I flipped my biscuit!!! (New MBP/pics inside!!)
    By flilow06 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •