New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Software - Any Mac substitute for this program?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SoundsGood

SoundsGood is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I've searched high and low but can't find any Mac software that will do everything that this software does.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

You could try any of these programs:

Master of My Domain:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id...r-of-my-domain

DomainTracker:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id.../domaintracker

Serverskine:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22538/serverskine

Namestalker:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6114/namestalker

The Informant:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id.../the-informant

Just a couple that I found on macupdate.com
QUOTE Thanks
SoundsGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn View Post
You could try any of these programs:
I appreciate these suggestions (very much) but none of them seem to do exactly what the other software will do.

I was hoping to get away with not having to buy a copy of Windows XP (plus Parallels or VMWare!) but oh well... I guess not.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

lol... what "exactly" do you want it to do that others mention don't do.
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Shouldn't this functionality be part of any decent registrar?

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
SoundsGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
lol... what "exactly" do you want it to do that others mention don't do.
I need it to do everything that the "Watch My Domains" software can do: the user copies & pastes up to 1000 domain names into the software, then it does a WhoIs lookup on all of the names, then displays the data in a spreadsheet-like fashion that can sort the rows by field (domain name, expiration date, registrar, ip address, DNS, admin email, etc).
QUOTE Thanks
MMATruman

MMATruman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio View Post
Shouldn't this functionality be part of any decent registrar?
I am guessing he has domain registered with multiple registrars. I say, switch them all to GoDaddy, then no software needed.
QUOTE Thanks
SoundsGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMATruman View Post
I am guessing he has domain registered with multiple registrars. I say, switch them all to GoDaddy, then no software needed.
The software would still be needed.

It gets more complicated than you guys probably care to know, but here's one example: Domain names cannot be transferred within the first 60 days of ownership, no matter where you buy them. This software will tell you at a glance what Registrar the names are with so you know which names need to be transferred to your favorite registrar (not GoDaddy, by the way ) after the 60 day waiting period.

Also, if a domain name you own gets swiped (hey, it happens) you need a way to know about it. This software lets you see stuff like that.

There are lots more examples, but I guess it doesn't matter since I've decided that I'll most likely need Windows XP for other things, so I'll need to use Parallels either way. And if I'm using Parallels, I might as well run this program on it too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Prices...will they change?? | Sharing folders between users »