Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile MBP Ship time: normal?
    hey guys, so i ordered my first mac, custom configured (+160gb hd) a 15" 2.2 MBP on the tenth of july. the original shipping time was between 7-10 days. later the time increased to 9-14 days. now its been ten days and its still listed as 'not yet shipped'. all the other products i ordered where changed to 'prepared for shipment' on the first day of the estimated shipping time.

is this normal? i called apple twice and all they were able to do was read me the order status web page... the only reason im worried is because im moving to europe before august and didnt think apple would need over two weeks to send me a laptop.

can anyone share their experiences concerning this?

thanks so much, guys!

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
    I think Apple is currently running short of supply for all 15" LED display MBPs. Since yours is being built to order, it'd obviously take longer. Just be patience while they sort things out, you'll eventually receive your MBP.

P.S. If you ordered from the online Apple store then your stuff should be shipped from China (if I'm correct).

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrider007 View Post
    P.S. If you ordered from the online Apple store then your stuff should be shipped from China (if I'm correct).
    is that a good thing?

Specs:
    White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
    Macbook Pro's take a longer time to ship because of the LED issue noted above.

I ordered my Macbook on Tuesday, it was shipped out on Wednesday and it will be here on Monday (since they only operate on weekdays). So basically it was shipped out within one day and then traveling for 3.5 days (I got expedited shipping, but I've heard that Macbooks arrive fairly quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by jaline View Post
    Macbook Pro's take a longer time to ship because of the LED issue noted above.

I ordered my Macbook on Tuesday, it was shipped out on Wednesday and it will be here on Monday (since they only operate on weekdays). So basically it was shipped out within one day and then traveling for 3.5 days (I got expedited shipping, but I've heard that Macbooks arrive fairly quickly).
    lucky you! no one order a 'custom configured' MBP lately?

Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    They're running low because they just updated the line with LED screens, and since its a relatively new technology not many are being manufactured and MacBook Pros are taking up alot of the supply.

thanks a lot for the replies, guys

Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrider007 View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? I'm pretty sure they are all not shipped directly from China.

Specs:
    I think most are shipped from China.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
    Yup. My MBP was ordered on july 7th, custom aswell. I recieved my speck case, wireless mighty mouse, wireless keyboard, and free ipod 2 days after. The computer i have been eyeing down like a hawk and ONLY TODAY the 21st The status changed to SHIPPED. I am so happy man, and yes it's from Shanghai. It'll be here monday I hope.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by adler View Post
    Yup. My MBP was ordered on july 7th, custom aswell. I recieved my speck case, wireless mighty mouse, wireless keyboard, and free ipod 2 days after. The computer i have been eyeing down like a hawk and ONLY TODAY the 21st The status changed to SHIPPED. I am so happy man, and yes it's from Shanghai. It'll be here monday I hope.
    I didn't think that Apple had any shipping changes during the weekend? The tracking page has said "departed FedEx location" (which is Memphis) since Friday, so I'm guessing it's on its way to Buffalo, or is waiting there right now but nothing will be updated until Monday. Anyway, the bottom line is that I expect to get it on Monday, and I ordered it last Monday or Tuesday.

Specs:
    15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
    hm... with everyone saying that the mbp's are taking longer to ship, i might have to order mine soon so i can receive it before school starts.

Specs:
    PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
    It'll be either shipped from Shanghai or Shenzhen. Most likely from Shanghai.

I wonder if they are available at the Apple Store? I am buying mine a a couple weeks and was going to the store.

it finally shipped! today, the 23rd, my MBP is finally leaving shanghai.... should be here by wednesday!

Thread Information