New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OSX equivalent to Daemon Tools?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shoelessone

shoelessone is on a distinguished road

Hello all!

So I'm enjoying my MacBook Pro quite a bit, but recently have been wishing I could mount CD images as I could back in my windows days with Daemon tools.

Believe it or not, I own a copy of Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne - I play DotA ), but I hate putting my CDs in when I want to play, so in my Windows days (not that long ago ) I made CD images and just always had them mounted.

Any any software to do this in OSX? I have sort of played around with Disk Utility because it seems to handle (in ways) disk images, but I'm sort of at a loss.

Thanks for any help!
<3
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

I think you can do it Disk Utility, but I know you can do it in Toast. Some people have said that for games to recognize the image as a genuine disk, you have to use Toast 7 and not the new Toast 8, but as I've never tried it I can't confirm or deny.

In any case Toast is a handy program to have.
QUOTE Thanks
shoelessone

shoelessone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I think you can do it Disk Utility, but I know you can do it in Toast. Some people have said that for games to recognize the image as a genuine disk, you have to use Toast 7 and not the new Toast 8, but as I've never tried it I can't confirm or deny.

In any case Toast is a handy program to have.
Toast huh? I think i've heard it mentioned before... I'll check it out!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

Maybe I'm being ignorant but don't you need to rip the disk first then use iDisk to mount it?
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Actually, in Disk Utility, have you tried File>New>Disk Image From (you should select your WoW disk) and then do it that way?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Some discs will work when mounted with Disk Utility, others require mounting via Toast as Levi suggested...

Give it a try and see how you get on.
QUOTE Thanks
xXDillonXx

xXDillonXx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessone View Post
Hello all!

So I'm enjoying my MacBook Pro quite a bit, but recently have been wishing I could mount CD images as I could back in my windows days with Daemon tools.

Believe it or not, I own a copy of Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne - I play DotA ), but I hate putting my CDs in when I want to play, so in my Windows days (not that long ago ) I made CD images and just always had them mounted.

Any any software to do this in OSX? I have sort of played around with Disk Utility because it seems to handle (in ways) disk images, but I'm sort of at a loss.

Thanks for any help!
<3

I just bought a new mac not too long ago and i transfered my folder that contain my installed games such as Warcraft III (i play that myself and World of warcraft) i simply copied it to an external hardrive and then copied it into my new mac and i didnt have to install Warcraft or anything and now i can simply play without the CD i found it weird that i didnt need a cd to play but thought it was normal until i seen your thread.. anyways u wont lose anyting by trying this its awsome!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« all of my music and playlists are gone from iTunes | Oh WOW AMAZING »