New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Thank you all, and Curse you all!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NMIke

NMIke is on a distinguished road

Thanks for everyone here and their great input. Because, in large part to this forum (and specifically this sub-forum) I took the plunge and bought a macbook for my wife.

She loves it, her coworkers are jealous, and I'm now super-husband of the year.

Curse you all for making the switch easier. Now I'm gonna have to buy one for myself......
QUOTE Thanks
Aaagogo

Aaagogo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her

get a macbook pro, since you got your wife a macbook, you should paper urself more and get the pro

congrats btw

No Photographer is as good as the simplest camera.

Currently Under Intensive Photoshop training... www.lynda.com
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

AHAHAHAHA Great story there, NMIke! Congrats on the wife's new MacBook!
QUOTE Thanks
chrisgrieve

chrisgrieve is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)

ha ha , congrats on the purchase,
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Sorry, I didn't see your previous posts. Otherwise I would have suggest you to go for a Dell with Vista Inside.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Ack! Heresy, novice! Heresy! BadVista.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

congrats

i call it the apple bug. you buy someone else a new machine and then you want one ! my my my what a bug !

very common amoung us lot lol.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm View Post
congrats

i call it the apple bug. you buy someone else a new machine and then you want one ! my my my what a bug !

very common amoung us lot lol.
Yep, the Apple bug. And it hits people of all ages too.
Don't think I had even glanced at Apple products since the mid-ninties.
But since I got my MBP in Dec., have gotten the kid (call him the kid, he's 30) an iMac, the wife's got a new MB and I got 30GB iPod.
And after years of being a hardcore gamer and hardware enthusiast, still can't decide whether to build myself a new rig or get a Mac Pro. Although, it looks like OS X will probably win out over having a Vista rig.
Hey, this Apple thing is gettin' 'spensive.

edit: Especially after having browsed around the BADVISTA site - nice link 'D'.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
NMIke

NMIke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicew View Post
Sorry, I didn't see your previous posts. Otherwise I would have suggest you to go for a Dell with Vista Inside.
I'm a lifetime pc guy, no doubt about it. Have a minor problem with an ipod mini right now, but the macbook purchase is absolutely WITHOUT REGRET.

I started subscribing to Macworld magazine to try and figure things out (for a guy like me, I gotta think three or four times about what, exactly the "finder" is and things like that). I'm sure I'll figure it out, and am looking forward to buying mine.

I've decided that, whatever I buy, It will be after the new OS comes out, so I can just learn it once. Teetering between a black macbook and a MBP, but I've got some time to figure that out.

Anyway, thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Definitely a catchy title! Congrats (to both)!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
*Snip*
edit: Especially after having browsed around the BADVISTA site - nice link 'D'.
Glad ya like it, bob!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Omg I Broke It I Need Help | Office 2008 for Mac release date »