New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

issues with superdrive firmware update?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

otjatt

otjatt is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am not sure if this is a major problem or not, but ever since I tried to install the latest Superdrive Update, I get a message that says "No updatable devices found" with the superdrive updater logo with it when i first log into the machine. I was wondering if this is something to worry about and how do i get rid of it...

15" MBP 2.16GHz C2D 2GB RAM 120GB--30GB iPod--8GB Nano--Canon Rebel XT w/ Canon 17-85mm USM IS, 50mm f/1.8--Canon SD870 IS
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Apple have withdrawn that update from their site, so they should release a fix or uninstaller soon.
QUOTE Thanks
Ginger Pilot

Ginger Pilot is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB

Use this to stop the annoying message.

Issue or symptom

When installing the SuperDrive Firmware Update 2.1 at the same time as a Mac OS X Update that requires a restart, you may receive a message (after restarting and logging in) that states:

"No Updatable Devices Found.
No devices were found that require this firmware update."

Products affected

* MacBook, MacBook Pro
* SuperDrive Firmware Update 2.1

Solution

This message is not a cause for concern--the SuperDrive Firmware Update has been installed correctly.

To avoid the message, remove the update application from your login items:

1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
2. From the View menu, choose Accounts.
3. Click the Login Items pane.
4. Select the SuperDrive Update 2.1 in the list of login items.
5. Click the "–" button to remove the update from the list.
6. Close the Accounts window.

Cheers

GP
QUOTE Thanks
otjatt

otjatt is on a distinguished road

awsome! thanks soo much...that message was getting really annoying to look at, especially since i was telling my buddies that macs are bulletproof, but then they see that thing come up when i turn it on to show them

15" MBP 2.16GHz C2D 2GB RAM 120GB--30GB iPod--8GB Nano--Canon Rebel XT w/ Canon 17-85mm USM IS, 50mm f/1.8--Canon SD870 IS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Got my macbook pro this morning! | kernel attacks? »