New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Macbook Mag By iCreate

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I was recently on my hols in the UK . I was walking through WH smiths in Cardiff when I saw a Publication called Macbook It was published by the same people that publish the iCreate mag.

It cost me 12.99 but it was well worth it . The mag is beautiful heavy glossy pages and makes you want to read it. It consists of lessons (Kind of) and hints and tips for all the applications in iLife,OS X, Apeture and so on. It shows you how to do things from beginner to expert. This is great if like me you haven't got to grips with all your Mac can do.

I have started to use iWeb and following the instructions in the mag it was a lot easier and quicker than I would have thought.

So UK Mac Friends Rush out and Buy this Magazine . At the moment it is in 2 volumes and is Exclusive to Smiths
QUOTE Thanks
Stefan

Stefan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro

Kinda expensive but sounds like it's the sort of thing im after. I was going to get one of the montly magazines but i never know which one. None of them seem to have enough articles in relevant to me and so i can't justify forking out £5 or £6 on them. They all seem to be about Final Cut Pro!!

"Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
QUOTE Thanks
stoldie

stoldie is on a distinguished road

I too have seen these types of publications in smiths. Not seen the specific one you are talking about kilted1, but There was one for iLife I think...
I will need to keep an eye out for the one you saw.

Agreed they are quality looking publications - not located by all the other mac magazines, usually in their own section with lots of similar more "expensive" publications...

Somewhere in between a manual type book and a normal magazine publication.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro ram question... | Wallpaper? »