New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

ver new here

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nycreb88

nycreb88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: looking to switch from pc

hi, looking for any info as im about to buy a mac bookand leave my pc in the dust ! Any helpwould be greatly appreciated

Thanks !
QUOTE Thanks
pirate pete

pirate pete is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb

you really need to be more specific with what kind of help you need.
your lucky this is a friendly forum. i have seen people brutally flamed on other forums for alot less.

anyway. macbooks.

first you need to ask yourself what you want it for, what your budget is and when you need it for.

lets have more details of those things, then we can begin to help you out with what macbook you want

pete
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

A switcher's guide to OS X Software

Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information

The Official Mac AntiVirus and Firewall FAQ

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
nycreb88

nycreb88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: looking to switch from pc

Thanks for your patience, I was looking at the macbook in white- 2.16 ghz,
1gb memory and 120 gb hard drive. It's basicallygoing to replacemy crappy pc laptop, basically for home use possibly for school masters program in eng lit. I use my computer to stay current politically, play a little online poker and im really into music. I use i tunes regularly i have a huge collection im switching over to my ipod.
Im just sick of windows and being forced to use vista and i 'm looking for the stabililty that mac has to offer, but being a total atranger to mac i'mjust trying to learn as much as i can before i commit to buying a product that might be wrong for me,not financially i'd raher spend a little more now and get a product that will last a while, than be frugal and buy a lesser product.
Sorry for being so verbose but i really appreciate this forum and and the very nicepeople as well. Thanks again for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
stoldie

stoldie is on a distinguished road

Think you should start here dude..

http://www.myfirstmac.com/

As TenderSurrender indicates there are TONS of existing threads - plus the stickies are brilliant on this forum...

happy reading!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mounting dmg problem | Keyboard and mouse question with Macbook pro »