Wait until Oct. to get Powerbooks?
    My wife and I are soon purchasing MacBook Pros for the both of us. Both 15" models and I'm going to get the beefier of the two for myself as I have quite a desire to get into video editing - especially with kids soon on the horizon. I've been reading as much as I can lately about Macs and it's my understanding that the new version of OS X is coming out in October. Ideally we'd like to get these powerbooks before October. Any reason why we should wait besides the obvious that I won't have to buy it later?

todd51
    I don't see any reason to wait if you don't mind buying Leopard later on. I probably wouldn't be able to wait myself and want to start playing around with it, learning the OS and all.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaki View Post
    My wife and I are soon purchasing MacBook Pros for the both of us. Both 15" models and I'm going to get the beefier of the two for myself as I have quite a desire to get into video editing - especially with kids soon on the horizon. I've been reading as much as I can lately about Macs and it's my understanding that the new version of OS X is coming out in October. Ideally we'd like to get these powerbooks before October. Any reason why we should wait besides the obvious that I won't have to buy it later?
    Not really. If you need the machines now, buy them. If there's something in Leopard that is a "must have" feature, you can always upgrade later. The process is much more straightforward than it is with Windows.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    Sorry, pet hate, they're called MacBook Pros now...for some reason you called them both that and PowerBook...huh.

Thread Information