New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Wait until Oct. to get Powerbooks?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
dmaki

 
Member Since: Jul 17, 2007
Posts: 2
dmaki is on a distinguished road

dmaki is offline
My wife and I are soon purchasing MacBook Pros for the both of us. Both 15" models and I'm going to get the beefier of the two for myself as I have quite a desire to get into video editing - especially with kids soon on the horizon. I've been reading as much as I can lately about Macs and it's my understanding that the new version of OS X is coming out in October. Ideally we'd like to get these powerbooks before October. Any reason why we should wait besides the obvious that I won't have to buy it later?
QUOTE Thanks
todd51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I don't see any reason to wait if you don't mind buying Leopard later on. I probably wouldn't be able to wait myself and want to start playing around with it, learning the OS and all.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

 
cwa107's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 20, 2006
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 26,625
cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

cwa107 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaki View Post
My wife and I are soon purchasing MacBook Pros for the both of us. Both 15" models and I'm going to get the beefier of the two for myself as I have quite a desire to get into video editing - especially with kids soon on the horizon. I've been reading as much as I can lately about Macs and it's my understanding that the new version of OS X is coming out in October. Ideally we'd like to get these powerbooks before October. Any reason why we should wait besides the obvious that I won't have to buy it later?
Not really. If you need the machines now, buy them. If there's something in Leopard that is a "must have" feature, you can always upgrade later. The process is much more straightforward than it is with Windows.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

 
Member Since: Apr 19, 2007
Posts: 780
smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

smurfy is offline
Sorry, pet hate, they're called MacBook Pros now...for some reason you called them both that and PowerBook...huh.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Keyboard and mouse question with Macbook pro | MBP goes to sleep when watching Youtube videos »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Wait for Leopard? Stang68 OS X - Operating System 3 05-30-2007 04:50 PM
should i wait.... bigmof Switcher Hangout 1 03-26-2007 08:14 PM
Should I wait untill intel chips hit to switch? Abrodzinski Apple Desktops 9 02-01-2006 08:15 AM
Should I wait for new powerbooks Traveler Switcher Hangout 6 10-21-2005 09:19 PM
The new powerbooks performance.... ldjalal Apple Notebooks 4 10-19-2005 07:32 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?