Thread: screencaps?

Question screencaps?
    you know how there is the print screen button on windows..how do you do a screencap on a mac?

Specs:
    1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by musicislife428 View Post
    you know how there is the print screen button on winblows..how do you do a screencap on a mac?
    there are a few ways... apple + shift + 3 capture the whole screen, apple + shift + 4 will give you a crosshair to select what you want to screenshot, and apple + shift + 4 (and then after pressing 4, press space) will let you screen shot a selected window... choose your option (oh, btw if you wanna lend me some rep that would be cool) (also I am hammered drunk right now and could hardly type this...)

oh btw, windows does blow

haha thanks, lend you rep...? and uh, glad to see the alcohol hasn't affected your brain too badly. being drunk and on mac forums seems fun I guess.

Specs:
    2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by ste6168 View Post
    there are a few ways... apple + shift + 3 capture the whole screen, apple + shift + 4 will give you a crosshair to select what you want to screenshot, and apple + shift + 4 (and then after pressing 4, press space) will let you screen shot a selected window... choose your option (oh, btw if you wanna lend me some rep that would be cool) (also I am hammered drunk right now and could hardly type this...)

oh btw, windows does blow
    Can you reprogram the keys? Apple+Shift+4+Space seems a little ridiculous to capture a window.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Quote Originally Posted by spilio View Post
    Can you reprogram the keys? Apple+Shift+4+Space seems a little ridiculous to capture a window.
    I can do it with one hand and without even thinking about it. You don't hit the SPACE till later. You hit APPLE+Shift+4 then point at the window you want and hit Space and it highlights it.

I can do it faster than I can even say the keys out loud.

Thread Information