New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

The long wait....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thread Tools

kuklachica's Avatar
Member Since: Jun 25, 2007
Posts: 225
kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

kuklachica is offline
So I've decided to buy an iMac, but I want to wait until the new ones come out, along with the new iLife and iWork... now I just have to wait!!!! I'm getting impatient... I am hoping that the iMacs will come out after the free printer offer expires... oh I hope, I hope... It'll be my first personal mac that I can do whatever with, and I just can't wait!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Member Since: May 28, 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 53
CoG888 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro Quad 2.8 w/ 8800GT / Black MacBook 2.16 C2D

CoG888 is offline
Then don't wait... buy a mac today! you will be glad you did.
QUOTE Thanks

brentsax's Avatar
Member Since: Jun 24, 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 63
brentsax is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3

brentsax is offline
I am in the same situation, but if you don't absolutely need the machine right now, why not wait for (most importantly) Leopard and all the new versions of other Apple software that will probably be released circa Leopard and you will more than likely get, as a bonus, better hardware.


Edit: One of the reasons for this strategy in my case is I am a college student, so I'd like to get the most bang for my buck as far as getting a new system goes. That means newest versions of most software instead of buying all of it shortly before the new stuff comes out. It costs money (even w/ the apple student discount ) to upgrade all that stuff!
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis's Avatar
Member Since: Oct 18, 2006
Posts: 285
Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

Sgt Beavis is offline
I'll be buying our families 2nd Mac when Leopard comes out. My wife will be upgrading from her Dell to a MacBook. Who knows what features will come out on the new notebooks but I figure its one less upgrade license I'll have to pay for if I buy a Mac now.
QUOTE Thanks

VegasOnline's Avatar
Member Since: Jan 05, 2007
Posts: 89
VegasOnline is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac

VegasOnline is offline
Y wait? the rumor mill says an "aluminum" imac is in the pipeline for release before the end of the year - other than leopard, what "major" feature will the new models have that will outshine the models now?

I say if you really really really want one, go buy one :-)

QUOTE Thanks

Member Since: Apr 19, 2007
Posts: 780
smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

smurfy is offline
Unless you have any problems with the current ones, buy now!!! Who knows, the next ones could be made to look like cardboard boxes for all we know.
QUOTE Thanks

kuklachica's Avatar
Member Since: Jun 25, 2007
Posts: 225
kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

kuklachica is offline
I'm mainly waiting for the updated iLife/iWork. I don't want to buy '06 stuff when it's '07 now and the updates are just around the corner (fingers crossed). I also want to see what the new iMacs look like. The current ones remind me too much of work (teaching), but if the new ones are ugly, I'll buy a refurbed "chin" one.
QUOTE Thanks

elbolao23's Avatar
Member Since: Jun 19, 2007
Posts: 118
elbolao23 is on a distinguished road

elbolao23 is offline
im 100% percent sure that only a few weeks after the special they have now of the free ipod for students and free printer, which ends on september the new imacs wil be release and that they woill probably come with Leopard installed. would be cool if they release the new iMacs on the same day as leopard

QUOTE Thanks

Sandwichman's Avatar
Member Since: Jul 18, 2006
Posts: 238
Sandwichman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD

Sandwichman is offline
Honestly, I don't expect there to ever be iLife / iWork '07. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but why release the '07 editions only a few months before 2008? I predict iLife / iWork '08 at Macworld, with updates every two years after that.

One year = one release just doesn't make sense for all software.

Sitting, waiting, wishing...
QUOTE Thanks

Member Since: Jun 24, 2007
Posts: 146
-Jack can only hope to improve

-Jack is offline
One year = one release just doesn't make sense for all software.
very valid point
QUOTE Thanks

mongoloido's Avatar
Member Since: Jul 03, 2007
Posts: 74
mongoloido is on a distinguished road

mongoloido is offline
Latest rumors have the new iMacs coming out August 7. I can't see any harm in waiting to see if the rumors are true. I personally waited a couple months for the MBPs to get updated, and am happy I did.

As for the software updates, I too am eager to see a new iLife, iWork, and, oddly enough, I'm intrigued by what Apple may have up it's sleeve with .Mac... That Leopard might be something to see too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iDisk | turn of spell-check in camino? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Starter
Last Post
Could not wait anymore... Odin_aa Apple Notebooks 3 04-04-2007 06:42 AM
should i wait.... bigmof Switcher Hangout 1 03-26-2007 07:14 PM
Buy now or wait for 10.5 Redleg91 Switcher Hangout 6 02-07-2007 10:19 PM
Macbook Discoloration. How long to be repaired. Techno Mutant Apple Notebooks 5 09-05-2006 10:32 PM
How long should I wait to purchase? utex512 Apple Notebooks 10 01-23-2004 01:50 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Welcome to

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!

(4 digit year)

Already a member?