New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Minimzzing app

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I have a 22in widescreen for my 15.4 n Macbook pro, and on the Windows side, i would like to play Halo on the 22in, rather than the 15.4in. How can i switch it over?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
I have a 22in widescreen for my 15.4 n Macbook pro, and on the Windows side, i would like to play Halo on the 22in, rather than the 15.4in. How can i switch it over?
Are you asking how you would go about connecting the monitor? That should be handled with the DVI connector on the side of the MBP. You may need to use a DVI-VGA adapter depending on what kind of input the monitor has. Windows XP (running under Boot Camp) should automatically detect your display. You can configure multiple monitor options through the Display control panel.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

Nope, i already have it hooked up via the DVI cable. I need to know how i can transfer the window (full screen) from the 15.4 to the 22in.
QUOTE Thanks
shoelessone

shoelessone is on a distinguished road

In windows you'll most likely have to make teh 22" LCD the primary display.

The easiest way to do this might be to just press the power button and shut the laptop screen (meanwhile holding option or whatever to make sure you boot into Windows) so that windows thinks the 22" is your only display.
QUOTE Thanks
AK47

AK47 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD

go into display settings in windows, and switch the screens around by clicking and dragging the 1 display into the 2 position, that should swap them around.
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

In regards to changing the 1 - 2 displays, it seems that when i drag the #s over, the entire blue screen moves too, and i can't switch the #s on the seperate screens.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« One quick question before leaving Windows :) | A quick folder-related question for you.... »