New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

microsoft word: attaching image = red X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brokeenthusiast

brokeenthusiast is on a distinguished road

Okay for some reason when I attach my company's logo in Microsoft word it comes up as a large red X. The picture is saved as a .jpg and when i click on it it opens up in preview just fine. if i save the document and send it to a windows machine the picture shows up on there but here is my problem. If attach the image on my mac i get the red and and if i print i get the red x printed but if i send it to a windows machine it prints just fine. I was wondering if this is a preferences problem with word or something else? anyone else had this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Are you attaching the actual image, or a url to an image on the internet?
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

im attaching the actual image that is saved as a .jpg file. other images work but this particular image does not show up and it is not over or undersized, it is just out company logo. if you need anymore information let me know
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Try opening it in Preview and then save as something else (tiff, png file...).
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

okay it worked when i saved it as a .gif, but what should I do when other people in the office send me letters and other documents with our logo on it because it will show up as the red X and I dont want to find the exact logo they have there and re-save it as a .gif and then try to resize it to what they have in the document. is there a better way for it to recognize this image? and why is it giving me a red X
QUOTE Thanks
stoldie

stoldie is on a distinguished road

What version of MS Word are you viewing these documents in?
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

I think its office X because it says microsoft word v.X
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« isync phone plugins | First experience with Apple »