New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I'm so getting a MBP this week

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mountain

Mountain is on a distinguished road

I'm so getting a MBP this week. I'm sick and tired of viruses, crashes and the interface of windows; I'm bored of the Start menu, and the buttons on the top right corner of the windows; having to buy a new computer in order to upgrade to the latest version of Windows.
And I love how iWork looks
And the price of a MBP is similar to the high-end PC laptops today anyway.
My friend who has experience in IT jobs just keeps telling me Macs are bad, Macs are worse than PCs.
Seriously, I don't care about what he says, I'm not clever enough to try to get all the drivers for the new hardwares; not clever to fix up the problems; and hate fixing up the viruses.
A computer is for us to use, not to fix.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
A computer is for us to use, not to fix.
Well put, glad you decided to go with a MBP. If you have any questions just search the forums and if you can't find similar topics, don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
ac3smith

ac3smith is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM

You are in the same boat as I was over a month ago. I just posted my story about switching. I AM an IT guy and I have to say, I am very happy with my purchase. All of the "nothing is compatible" talk is BS for personal usage. No, I could not use this for work, but I am thrilled to use it for everything else. I use this PC 100 times more than I used my last Windows PC.
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

First off welcome to mac-forums!

I realize your position but do understand that OSX is not completely safe from viruses. Also multiple macs I own have crashed, some more than once.

Of course you will be seeing better security, and ease of use. Welcome (well almost) to the world of OSX and Macintosh.

QUOTE Thanks
Mountain

Mountain is on a distinguished road

I know it's not 100% guaranteed care-free.
But let me put it this way, though having a healthy lifestyle does not guarantee one being free from cancers, it does make them less prone to cancers than smokers who are also junk food addicts.
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

Point made Mountain and I agree. I was just making sure you knew that Mac's are not without error, which you probably already knew.

But anyway good luck in your purchase.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Eject DVD? | Updgrade to Tiger... going bad! »