Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    The "Switcher's" Thread.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    That is inCredible! :p

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
    The "Micro Switch"
    And for the computer geeks among you guys...
    here's one for you!

Specs:
    And all you user's are comparing:

And
    Oranges

When in fact i should be like for like....

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Damn good - yeah - Apples and oranges! YO! nice one!

Specs:
    Here's your common PC:

And here's our beloved Mac:

pcjabber
    Heh, vacuum tubes and transistors (even a photo-transistor there, I think) Gotta love 'em. However, a Windows PC isn't old, its just a non-working copy of an Apple. ...Since Macs could do things 10 years ago that Windows PCs still can't perform all that well

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    That is extreme! Well done! :p

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
    I think what you all fail to realize is that PCs are superior in nearly every way. They are faster, cheaper, and have a broader base of upgrades and accessories. The problem that you're all undoubtedly referring to, is Windows. Not the PC hardware itself.

Mac OS X was the only reason I switched, and Windows is the only thing I dislike about the PC platform. The day I installed Unix on my PC was the day I realized how much more my computer was capable of, when it didn't have Windows holding it back.

So please, if you're going to blindly bash, at least try to bash the right thing, hmm?

pcjabber
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris22x
    I think what you all fail to realize is that PCs are superior in nearly every way. They are faster, cheaper, and have a broader base of upgrades and accessories. The problem that you're all undoubtedly referring to, is Windows. Not the PC hardware itself.
    Exactly True!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris22x
    Mac OS X was the only reason I switched, and Windows is the only thing I dislike about the PC platform. The day I installed Unix on my PC was the day I realized how much more my computer was capable of, when it didn't have Windows holding it back.

So please, if you're going to blindly bash, at least try to bash the right thing, hmm?
    True, but GENERALLY, PC = Windows....

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    The G4 - G5 boards are amazingly fast and efficient

Specs:
    Hey don't for get the IRQ limitations... that's hardware based!
    Nothing to do with Windows it self.

d4rr3n
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris22x

I couldn't agree more.

Specs:
    How about the thing with the BIOS? And the sad fact, it's susceptible to venerability when a virus targets the BIO's CMOS... by flashing itself to the motherboard? Is this also a Windows based Problem?

How about, actual hardware incompatibility when you use certain combinations of motherboard, graphics or video cards, sound/audio cards, modems, networking interfaces, various brands of hard-drives, tape streamers, backup devices etc. together and nothing seems to work? I mean, not even the default loader screen for the BIOS setup, doesn't appear?

I suppose those are also Microsoft's problem too? And you can blame Windows for the problems, too! Huh?

IMHO, the PC system have many problems and windows doesn't help with the problem.

d4rr3n
    Quote Originally Posted by hype.it
    How about the thing with the BIOS? And the sad fact, it's susceptible to venerability when a virus targets the BIO's CMOS... by flashing itself to the motherboard? Is this also a Windows based Problem?

How about, actual hardware incompatibility when you use certain combinations of motherboard, graphics or video cards, sound/audio cards, modems, networking interfaces, various brands of hard-drives, tape streamers, backup devices etc. together and nothing seems to work? I mean, not even the default loader screen for the BIOS setup, doesn't appear?

I suppose those are also Microsoft's problem too? And you can blame Windows for the problems, too! Huh?

IMHO, the PC system have many problems and windows doesn't help with the problem.

How about the fact that you actually have a BIOS and can get into it and change whatever the specs are on your computer. How about the fact that you indeed have total control over YOUR HARDWARE THAT YOU BOUGHT. How about the fact that you can use this to overclock your system and get in some cases OVER A 50% INCREASE IN PERFOMANCE. Ability to adjust things in your BIOS is a GOOD THING. Many motherboards have a dual bios system in case of emergencies, and i've never heard of anyone that had a virus attack their BIOS. There are very few instances of hardware incompatabilities as you described. If you are getting these things you dont know what you are doing and shouldn't be building a computer, or you bought second rate equipment of questionable quality from a no name brand company. If there are any incompatability problems they are clearly listed on the companies documentation or their website. And with mac's you dont have this problem because.....you can basically count the number of these type of devices available for upgrade on one hand.

Thread Information