New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Return Policy

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dodger

Dodger is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM

LOL I'm not that stupid as to return my Mac! However, I am considering going to AI Vancouver for their professional recording arts program where I will learn to be a sound technician, producer, and artist. I plan on using a Mac for my homework etc, and although most work will be done on the school computers, I know I will need my own. I just purchased a MacBook a couple weeks ago and am now wondering if it will be able to handle my needs... will I need a MacBook Pro? If so, what's the deal? Do I lose the money I spent and buy a new MBP? Will they take it back if I explain my situation? If I tell them about my airport card problem and the kernel panics I have had will they take it back and let me pay to upgrade?

Thanks.

-Cut-89
QUOTE Thanks
Dodger

Dodger is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM

I know there are other topics like this, but you could at least answer my question about what I'll need
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by chontos View Post
I know there are other topics like this, but you could at least answer my question about what I'll need
You should always search the forums first: if you know there are similar threads, why post the question again?

Just look below your thread: the board software just pulled out five threads that are close to your question. Why should we reply the same things to your similar question? And I'm sure you could also find Apple's return policy on their website.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Just a thought... Kernel panics alone would be reason for you to return the MacBook. Unless you installed some RAM or software that caused them. But if those kernel panics occurred with nothing doing from your end, then Apple should take the MacBook no questions asked. Call AppleCare for this anyhow.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

considering you are still in your 14 day grace period you simply go to the store or call them up and say you want to return it and exchange for a MBP. they will refund your full price less 10%(i think it is 10) restock fee, and then charge you the difference between that and whatever mac you get

if you are in your 14 day period they can inquire why you want to return it but cant deny you a return unless you broke it

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mighty Mouse/Apple Keyboard? | used mac security concerns »