Thread: Podcasting

Podcasting
    Hi when I get my MB i want to start a podcast. And be able to submit it to iTunes. Can you tell me how i would come about doing this please. I dont understand this RSS feed stuff..

Do i need a .Mac account or what. When i go to itunes and submit a podcast it says enter the rss feed url. I dont how to get that when i get my macintosh. Please enlighting me

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    There is a tutorial on the apple sight for this information. Also provides step-by-step info onhow to get it into an rss feed format.

Best, way, is to create your website with the podcast pagees in iWeb if you don't really know web site building, and then use .Mac, or upload to a free web host, and then point Itunes to your podcast.

Brian

thanks a big bunch

Specs:
    ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jack View Post
    Hi when I get my MB i want to start a podcast. And be able to submit it to iTunes. Can you tell me how i would come about doing this please. I dont understand this RSS feed stuff..

Do i need a .Mac account or what. When i go to itunes and submit a podcast it says enter the rss feed url. I dont how to get that when i get my macintosh. Please enlighting me

.mac and iweb are nice but risky. If you get popular 10 mb transfer will get eaten in days.

There are a couple of solutions to host the files for free while you are testing the waters. But if you are going to jump in Libsyn.com is the best.(libsyn handles the feed as well) Once you have a place for the media file, the easiest way to deal with the feed is through a blog (wordpress or blogger hosted) and then run the feed through feedburner.

For smarter people than me, check out www.podcastpickle.com. Also, podcast411.com has some great resources.

Don't for get to submit to directories like the Podcastpickle and post here so we can check it out.

daryl

Thread Information